Public charter
Highland Park, MI

Barber Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2011
my two sons go to this school 7th and 5th grade. i think the teachers are excellent and really care about the children there..my son was having problems and Ms Woods was excellent with assiting him. My children will graduate from this school until they reach high school. Its better than any detroit public school they ever attended.

Barber Elementary School 1

Barber Elementary School 5

Posted September 13, 2007

Barber Elementary School 2

Posted February 13, 2007
I have children in this school as well. And I have had terrible experiences with the Principle, she has a very bad demeanor. I'm sure this may influence the behavior of the teachers which in tern effects the children. God Bless her.

Barber Elementary School 3

Posted January 20, 2005
- a former student

Barber Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2004
I currently have a child going to this school. He's in the fourth grade. At this present time, he's not doing too well. I just received notice that he is failing his classes, but I'm not scheduled for a conference until April. I'm not sure why this date is so far away, but I plan on finding out what exactly is going on in his classes. Also, I am very concerned that this is the third year he has attended this school and has not had a single gym class! There is a physical ed. teacher in the school, but I was told that only certain classes are assigned to attend gym. Some people may think that behavior problems in the children prohibit them from enjoying the benefits of gym and even recess, but if these kids don't 'unwind' and 'let go', they're gonna become anxious and begin to misbehave in class. I also heard that the children in this school did not do very well according to the standards of the MEAP tests. Something seriously needs to be looked into at this school. I'm one parent of many who feels this way.

Barber Elementary School
45 Buena Vista Street West, Highland Park, MI  48203
Last modified Barber Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barber Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top