Highland Township, MI

Posted April 17, 2013
We love WHCA! We left the public schools because of large class sizes and lack of caring staff. It was similar to an assembly line. WHCA has small class sizes with loving teachers and administration who partner with parents for the child's best education. NO second thoughts!!

Posted August 14, 2011
Love West Highland Christian Academy! Our children love it too. The teachers are very helpful to parent questions and concerns without compromising fairness. The dyslexia program and small class sizes first sold us. It has been wonderful. The family environment is an added bonus. We love it!!

West Highland Christian Academy 4

Posted January 30, 2011
With its limited resources, this school does the best it can to provide a safe, secure, Christian environment. Additionally, they service students with Dyslexia which most public schools don't recognize as a "serviceable disability."

Posted November 09, 2010
This is a Christ-centered school which isn't fancy but has committed teachers who love Jesus. Our sons would say likewise. They were able to participate in sports and the coaches were the best. I didn't read the other posts until just now and realized I was repeating what everyone else had already written. I guess it must be true, West Highland is a great school. :-)

West Highland Christian Academy 1

Posted March 02, 2010
I went there and they did not do anything about what they teach It was not cool. I got teased and I got embarrassed. So I am looking for another school. DO NOT GO TO WHCA!

Posted December 20, 2007
I actually graduated from this school many years ago, and now my children attend. It truely is like a family, and the staff are there because they care and they love what they are doing. Is it perfect? No small private school, that doesn't receive government funding, is. I want my children to get a solid foundation built on a strong understanding of reading, writing and math. Those are the prerequisites to every other area of future studies. Most importantly, God is at the center.

Posted April 17, 2006
Ditto what the other mom said. This school has their priorities right. They don't have a fancy building with lots of 'things.' Yet they have caring staff, small class sizes and they truly care about the students. Parental feedback is always welcome. Their sports program is awesome because everyone gets the chance to play yet they still produced a basketball team that won a state championship. This school truly is one of Highland's best kept secrets.

West Highland Christian Academy 4

Posted February 16, 2006
We have 3 children enrolled at WHCA and are very pleased with their progress in academics, study habits, team sports, Christian character, social skills, memorizing scripture, and their joy in attending school. They do not want to miss a day of activites, the staff make their days interesting and fun! We know they are maturing and learning more about God, their biblical worldview, and themselves as they study academics, face challenges, and learn to present themselves to others in a Christ like manner. The WHCA coaches encourage everyone to participate, grow in skills, and work as a team to honor God with their athletic abilities. The principal and staff have genuine concern for each student and their family, often going the extra mile to meet their needs. Several area homeschooling families enroll their children part-time at WHCA to get credit for Secondary level classes. We love our WHCA family!

Posted January 29, 2004
- a former student

West Highland Christian Academy
1116 South Hickory Ridge Road, Highland Township, MI  48380
Last modified West Highland Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Highland Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top