Posted October 30, 2013
I attended these schools and now have/had children in Hillsdale Community Schools. Once my children changed schools, it was apparent how little they were learning at Hillsdale. Academically speaking, Hillsdale is very behind and the graduates aren't at the same level as their peers in other states which makes it difficult for them to catch up once transferred. Personally speaking, there are some small minded and shady people in authority there that would never get away with what they do if they were in the "real world" like a larger city or another state. It's a shame.

Posted May 02, 2010
As a parent, I am very displeased with the overall atmosphere and learning environment here. Due to their extreme overcrowding, the safety of the school has declined tremendously. A child of mine was robbed right out in front of the school. The administrators have no idea how to operate a school effectively and the counselors are utterly impossible to contact. Since, my children have begun attending Hillsdale High School, their academics have declined and their behaviors have been influenced and compromised. The only positive aspect about Hillsdale is their teachers. I commend the teachers for their hardwork and dedication but I am sorry that I cannot say the same for the administrators that run the school. This will be our last year at this school and our children will be attending the Academy.

Hillsdale High School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
Great Principle Leadership from Mr. Willard and Mr. Beck in Academics and Athletics. School was able to handle my son, an above average student, and make learning a priority, while keeping things 'fun'. Able to create a 'balance' amongst athletics and academics...one of the best orchestra's in the state for jr high and high school students...Not too many palces like Hillsdale where you could play violin one hour, quadractic equations the next, and step onto the field with the state championship baseball team that afternoon. School board and superintendent are hypocrites in many ways...small town, you'll have that. otherwise pretty good school.

Hillsdale High School 0

Posted January 22, 2008
Both of my daughters graduated from HHS and were well prepared for college. I felt that the staff was caring and the curriculum was challenging. My oldest daughter now has a full scholarship for graduate school due to her academic achievement. I appreciate this school.

Posted May 29, 2007
- a former student
From an outside view I was very impressed by not only the internal and external appearance of HHS, but just as impressed by the conduct of the students during basketball games in their gym. Hillsdale High School cosmetically looks terrific, clean, freshly painted, the gym shows the pride they have as well as the rest of their sports facilities (school colors everywhere). It is clearly evident that the administration has control of the school.

Posted December 07, 2006
High graduation rate - low disciplinary problems - students earn millions of dollars is scholarships yearly - great coaches and teachers - best school in the county

Hillsdale High School 3

Posted November 07, 2006
Hillsdale High school in my opinion is not safe and won't be until the Administration and the School Board begin to follow their own handbook.

Posted November 27, 2005
- a former student
Hi, I graduated from HHS several years ago. I felt that the aim of HHS was on ATHLETICS, not education or exposure to cultured activites. HHS did not prepare me for college at all, and I feel as though my time at HHS was like jail. Luckily, I have since moved from Hillsdale to a more cultured area where I get to experience a variety of activities and learn about other things than small-town bumpkinism and 3rd grade general education.

Posted November 25, 2005

Posted March 05, 2005
I am very excited to send my child to Hillsdale High School. The staff is highly qualified. Many of the teachers have masters degrees. The facilities have recently been renovated. There is an environment of high expectations for academic excellence including AP programs, a highly developed fine arts program and a thriving after school sports program for boys and girls that includes a state-champion girls cross-country team and several league and district champion teams.

Hillsdale High School
30 South Norwood Street, Hillsdale, MI  49242
Last modified Hillsdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillsdale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top