North Holland Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2009
I am going on my 5th year of teaching at North Holland. This school is like a family. Since we are small (2 of each grade k-5), all the teachers know the students and families. Teachers work together to meet the needs of every student and go above and beyond on a daily basis. As far as the principal, she is dedicated and very involved. We do share her with another school, but that does not stop her from being in our building for part of everyday. She makes it a point to develop relationships with students and parents. She is often found in classrooms working with students and staff. I think that any family choosing to send their child to this school will be pleased with the support their child will receive from this amazing family!

Posted May 28, 2008
I agree that there needs to be more parental involvment. I see the same 4 PTC members doing all the work at every function. The $ raised at fundraisers, Scrip, boxtops, Carnival, Winter Celebration, etc. goes to pay for fieldtrips and bussing to/from, playground equipment, swim lessons, and many other perks and extra's for the children. It is just sad that they work so hard and still struggle. I wish there was a way to get each parent to help out even if only 1/2 hour once a school year.

North Holland Elementary School 2

Posted April 21, 2008
This school has really gone down hill. There is a part-time principal and that is very evident. Parent involvement is low and the PTC struggles to raise the necessary money for fieldtrips. The sad thing is that it is the children that will suffer.

Posted June 15, 2006
I have 3 children at North Holland. I could not ask for a better school for my children! Why you ask. First the teachers are very warm, friendly, knowledgeable, approachable and above all very dedicated. My kids are excited to go to school each morning. At the end of the day they race home from the bus just to tell me some interesting fact that they learned-compliments of their teacher. Any parent who would consider sending their children to this school, should count their lucky stars that their kids will have a well balanced academic teaching.

Posted May 26, 2006
This is a great school! It's small (two of each grade K-5)so everyone is known. The staff is very warm and willing to go the extra mile. The academics and extra programs are great. The smiles abound and the kids are happy.

North Holland Elementary School
11946 New Holland Street, Holland, MI  49424
Last modified North Holland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Holland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top