Houghton Lake, MI

Collins Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2012
Teaching staff is good. Principal runs the school with her personal agenda which is not necessarily good for the children. Best thing that happened to the school district was when the superintendent left. (Pete Injusolian)

Collins Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2011
The principal does not care for the well being of children. She runs the place like a boot camp. She even told 2nd and 3rd grade girls she was going to put cameras in the bathroom stalls. She needs to go if they want collins to be a great school.

Collins Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
I love Collins Elementary because they have proven time and time again that the children come first with a good education they can do anything!

Collins Elementary School 0

Posted October 31, 2007
I had alot of trouble with this school and that is why my wife and I pulled our daughter out after only one year. Too much internal strife within the school over teachers salary made for a tense school experience for the children. The climax was reached when my wife was told she would no longer be walking our 6 year old to her class in the morning. It was reversed only after a meeting with the school board.

Collins Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2007

Collins Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2006
I'm ready to home school and would love doing it as a group,contact me. From my experience with Collins, it seems as though they do not care much for the children's well being, or for parent involvement unless it's 'their way.' I alerted the school about the horrendous amounts of sugar that was served to the kindergartners on Halloween day, and I mean a plate full! Nutrition is a huge factor in our children's heath and well being, it's time for people to wake up! I was also reprimanded by the principle for asking the teacher to make parents aware of how and where they write their child's names on clothing. Many children have been taken and harmed by abductors being able to read the name and make the child feel familiar with that person.

Collins Elementary School
4451 West Houghton Lake Drive, Houghton Lake, MI  48629
(989) 366-2023
Last modified Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3
Collins Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top