Charyl Stockwell Academy 2

Posted October 27, 2014
What the issue with the teachers in the 4th grade at Cheryl Stockwell ,both quit and any scores for the students can't be used?

Posted October 09, 2014
Charyl Stockwell has been a great school for my two children. The learning environment is tailored to each child. This makes sure that each child is learning at a rate that is appropriate for them. The teachers have multiple meetings and communication with you throughout the year to make sure you are all on the same page. There are many after school activities for the students as well. They also have numerous family events throughout the year, which keeps the kids and parents involved. My son was behind in his previous school. He is a very shy, and didn't have many friends in school. We opted to change schools, and place him in CSA. We have noticed a major difference. He is excited to go to school, has made many new friends and enjoys the school activities. Our son is now doing great in school. He reading level has went up 2 levels, he has become much stronger in math and reading. I am grateful to the amazing staff at CSA. This is a great school for students who have been struggling. They care about the whole child, their emotions, communication skills, learning abilities and ect. BEST SCHOOL HANDS DOWN!

Posted June 06, 2014
I wish there was a 0 star option. I am an old student who is now attending a public school in the area. After spending years at CSA, and eventually CSPA, I've found that, yes they do work at your own pace, which is good...until you go to another school, in which case you are put in "special" classes, because you're so behind in your learning. CSA gave me good grades even when I didn't deserve them. They are the reason I'm flunking out of school right now. I was bullied horribly there, and teachers and administrators were aware of it, but they told me to "brush it off." And the kid who beat me up got sent home FOR THE DAY.

Posted March 26, 2014
My son was at CSA from kindergarten to about 3/4 of the way through 2nd grade. We decided to move him as the state run school can offer him way more as he has special needs. If your kid is self motivated and does not require any specialized tuition this is the school for you. On deciding to move our child no one has replied to e-mails or phone calls, it's as if you decide to leave and you no longer exist or matter. I find this unprofessional and to be honest rude, I had doubts about moving, now I have none.

Posted March 06, 2014
I am a student as CSPA HS and I am very pleased with how the teachers handles things considering the pressure they are under from the administrators who appear to dictate how classrooms are run. This is unfortuante it creates stress for the teachers and frustrates the kids such as myself. One fo the biggest things I recently noticed was how the new principal at CSPA has began to run each individual classes requirements without being involved in the class himself. Other the other hand the teachers are great, the classes are educational and I love it here

Posted March 05, 2014
Our children are learning so much at CSA. The teachers we have had really care about the kids in their classrooms. In response to the reviews about bullies, our kids have not experienced this. In contrast, their friends and many of their classmates are kind and respectful. We recall a couple of kids in past years that I was happy to see leave CSA, but I don't think that is unique to any one school. I have encountered students helping other students in the hallways, offering to carry things or opening doors for parents. While this may not look like "education" to most, it is integral in learning to be part of a community, and it speaks to the feeling throughout the school. We are so happy with everything, from curriculum to staff to parent involvement. A school is only as good as its staff and families.

Posted January 04, 2014
This is our first year at Charyl Stockewell and we love it. We feel our daughter is getting very personalized teaching. The teachers are enthusiastic and involved. The principal is hands-on, and knows each of the kids' names = awesome! We also see a high level of parent involvement. We feel lucky to have discovered this school.

Posted October 15, 2013
my kid can hardly read can hardly spell she's got her Christmas list on the refrigerator she's in 7th grade but yet Stockwell is giving her all 100 percent ,she is sitting at home waiting for Cheryl Stockwell to send papers over to her new school they sent over 4 out of the 13th she needs very frustrating ,she told her teacher she was going to a new school without me talking to any of the school people the teacher said Oh you don't have to do any work today because you're going to be leaving the gave her a hug on another note my other kid was was there for 2 months got his iPod stolen because there is a no lock policy on locker

Charyl Stockwell Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2013
As with any school, I believe the experience you have has a lot to do with the individual teachers, and if an issue arises how the administration handles that issue. I've had awesome experiences with teachers, and some not so awesome experiences with teachers and administration who made up too many excuses for my son getting continually bullied. I'm glad I didn't give up when I had a bad experience because my son has excellent teachers now and they work with him as an individual not just as a number. I couldn't be happier with the amount of attention, detail, and genuine concern his current teachers give him now.

Charyl Stockwell Academy 3

Posted August 24, 2013
I'm not sure why the thought in the reviews that Academically Gifted are favored keeps coming up. There is no structured or beneficial program at CSA for AG students. There is a lame attempt at providing some topics of interests a few times a year and at best, the classroom teachers are burdened with accelerating the curriculum, but the narrow-minded powers that be in the school have something in place for face value, only. Most of the teachers are there not for the salary but because they are truly educators in all sense of the word. The admistration seems to have an elitest attitude and in the last 3 yrs I have not once been greeted by or talked to by the principal and Stockwell's. The bullying policy or lack thereof is a horrible. A parent would do best taking it into their own hands as I did after I was told I was not allowed to find out who hit and left a big bruise on my child. In summary, teachers are exceptional, admin, after-school program, extracurricular, "gifted" and special education- very poor. I don't see it getting better and that is why I pulled my students out.

Charyl Stockwell Academy
9758 East Highland Road, Howell, MI  48843
Last modified Charyl Stockwell Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charyl Stockwell Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 97 reviews. Top