Posted February 13, 2015
This school has far exceeded my expectations. They offer so many opportunities for my children to grow, not just academically, but also morally and in their character, too. CSA has higher standards for their curriculum and it really pays off when you watch your child grow to a higher potential. Both of my children are polar opposites, and the teachers and staff at this school have done an amazing job in teaching them. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted February 13, 2015
We are very satisfied with the uniqueness of this school and are glad we decided to take a tour, even after seeing some negative comments here. Our kids have always been at this school, and when we compare it to the experience that my nieces nephews are having at traditional public schools (in Oakland County), the contrast is startling. At CSA, the focus is on the children. That's refreshing and really, really important. At conferences, I am astounded with the amount of information the teachers share with me about what my children have learned, what they are working on, and what goals are set for upcoming months. We call them Comprehensive Student Reviews, and they are comprehensive. From top down (administration, teachers, teacher aids, and even parents) they care about and respect the children and have created this awesome place for kids to be kids and focus on learning to be great students and citizens. The team teaching approach allows for different teaching styles in the same classroom. This allows each child to learn to the his/her own full potential. This model DOES work -- did you hear that CSA had the HIGHEST ACT scores in the county????

Posted February 12, 2015
This school has been a great experience for my three children. I highly recommend CSA and CSPA.

Posted February 12, 2015
As a parent of a kindergartener I couldn't be more pleased! The teacher is always available for questions, and ideas. I chose this school because I wanted my child to learn in an environment that was not just sitting at a desk copying off the board.

Posted February 12, 2015
My son is incredibly bright but he struggles in school. CSA has been a great environment for him to grow and learn. They have the support systems in place and a progressive learning model that allows him to be with peers of like skills to ensure his confidence is built every step of the way. The teachers are incredibly supportive and we are in weekly communication in person and via email to ensure we are on the same page. The teachers and staff truly love our children which is evident daily. Not only do they teach academics at CSA but they believe in teaching the whole child which includes many wonderful character traits. We were unsure about CSA when reading some of the review when we were choosing an elementary school for our son over two years ago but upon many personal recommendations we made the choice. We have not looked back.

Posted February 12, 2015
Two of our children (so far) attend CSA. we have been very pleased with the kindness and love that we truly feel we get from the staff. The children there have often surprised as they go above and beyond in showing kindness. I have never walked in the building with my arms full and not have a child stop to open the door for me. Our children have excelled there and we would not think of changing schools

Charyl Stockwell Academy 4

Posted February 12, 2015
CSA is like a big family. The teachers and staff truly care about the students and show that in not only the way they teach, but the interactions they have with the students outside of class. The smaller class size benefits my daughter immensely.

Posted February 12, 2015
We have been very happy with our choice to send our kids to CSA. We love that each classroom has 2 teachers and the student : teacher ratio is significantly smaller than any of the local school choices we had. Also having 2 teachers gives the students another trusted adult they can turn to if needed. The rest of the school staff have been wonderful and greet my children by name. My oldest was behind in reading so she was given daily one on one help from the teacher assistance team and surpassed her classmates by the end of the year. Personally, I love that the students wear uniforms. Mornings at my house are a breeze and there are no issues of being teased for what they can afford to wear. There are many parents who volunteer in the classrooms and put tons of time and effort into many special activities for our kids. The main reason we chose CSA was the character education component of the curriculum. It's as important to us that our kids are good citizens as well as good students. It's not the best choice for everyone but I would recommend a tour and discussion with Mrs. Stockwell to decide for yourself.

Charyl Stockwell Academy 1

Posted February 12, 2015
My children attended this school for 4 yrs and when I finally pulled them out, they were all Behind in every subject and required tutoring. This seems to be a pattern for them, and they also seem to worried about the well being and salaries of the administration, rather than the staff that actually teaches our children. They can't retain the good teachers and have a hard time hiring new. This school definatly is NOT what is portrays itself to be.

Posted February 12, 2015
Love love CSA. I can't say enough good things about the school. They are focused on the whole child. The teachers and staff are willing to help any way that they can. The teacher is available to help answer questions and let us know how her day was. My child loves school again. I'm thankful that there's a school like CSA for families.

Charyl Stockwell Academy
9758 East Highland Road, Howell, MI  48843
Last modified Charyl Stockwell Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charyl Stockwell Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 101 reviews. Top