Posted February 19, 2015
My 3 boys have thrived here for 5 years. This is a community of Christ. Children are nurtured to be academically sound and are guided by the staff to embrace their Catholic faith values in everyday life. The school truly is working with us in our parental goals as our boys develop successful academic skills while becoming Christian men! Thank you St Joes!! We love this school, Mrs Doyle, and all of the staff!!

Posted January 07, 2015
I can't say enough great things about our wonderful school! Mrs. Doyle is an amazing principal and has turned our school around. If you are looking for a great Catholic education, look no further.

Posted December 09, 2014
Earlier negative reviewz are from parents who had an issue with the previous principal. This is a fantastic school for my children. The staff is helpful, the teachers are fantastic and the new principal has been great. Our children are happy to go here and we are happy with the education they are receiving. If you are looking for a school in Howell this is the best place to send your children.

Posted November 10, 2014
We couldn't be happier with st Joseph's school & principal Doyle! They have exceeded any expectations we had prior. Our child attended preschool there & is a kindergartener currently. He LOVES school & is already starting to read!

Posted August 28, 2014
St. Joseph catholic school is a great place for children of all ages to learn and grow. All the teachers are amazing and care about our kids and families. I am blessed to be a part of it.

Posted June 17, 2014
New principal Susan Doyle is already making major changes, the changes are bad for students but good for the school's bottom line. Some teachers are teaching 3 subjects. The music teacher is teaching music, religion, and math. Not acceptable. Enrollment continues to drop. VERY SAD

St Joseph Catholic School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
As a longtime parent of this school, I pulled my child out this year as I didn't like the direction the school had gone under the direction of Principal Judy. Boy what a difference to be in a school that values consistent discipline, and academics. When my child was tested after leaving St. Joseph she/he tested well below benchmark standards in reading and writing but now after 8 months of a positive classroom and great staff he/she is at grade level for all academics. St. Joseph did not give my student any standardized tests so I had no way of knowing how he/she measured up to grade level standards of achievement. I am so glad I left St. Joseph despite missing so many nice families that I have gotten to know over the years. .

Posted March 28, 2014
My daughter attending this school years ago and it was by far her best year. My son attended as well and loved it. He left for a few years and came back recently. Unfortunately, there is a new administration. Things have changed...and not good changes!! It is taking everything I have to allow him to finish this year. The principal...she is rude, unfriendly, and extremely lacking in personal skills. She also has a very dry demeanor. The behavior blue cards they have to carry are absolutely ridiculous! My son is not perfect but overall is a good kid. Some of the things that he has had his blue card signed for are completely unnecessary and again ridiculous. Nothing more than him being a boy. I am beyond disappointed with the school overall and can't wait for the school year to be over.

Posted August 25, 2013
I thankfully just graduated. When i attended st. joseph's last year i hated it.I hated waking up every morning just because i knew that when i walked through those doors i would be yelled at for something. en ever we did something wrong we would get circles on our blue cards. after five times of being told what terrible students we were, we got to attend worship wednesday. where we prayed for punishment and yet again were told if we kept making little mistakes that we would get no where in life. i think st joes should highly consider a new principle that actually is pleasant and kids look up to.

St Joseph Catholic School 3

Posted May 19, 2013
The current principal is sorely lacking in communication, leadership and people skills. While the middle school is staffed with energetic, smart and capable teachers, the elementary school is not very well run. The student count has declined during the last five years and it is not strictly due to economics or demographics. Many school families have left because their concerns are either not being addressed or worse, ignored by the principal, parish priest, and the Lansing Diocese. While it is a parish, the church and the school operate as two distinct factions. I don't feel a "community" bond at all. It's a shame because it once was a great school.

St Joseph Catholic School
425 East Washington Street, Howell, MI  48843
Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top