Bad
Good

The school was great for my three daughters. I'm a nurse and love the focus on science and economics. In the real world their are more opportunties studying economics and sciences. Many complain that they do not focus enough on Music, Drama, Sports, and Shop but we love that.

I have a grandson that is at Burton. He is very happy there and is learning well. He has some great teachers that have responded very well to his academic needs. At this time I would say that the school is taking the right path to teaching my grandson.

This is a really good school that is undergoing many changes that has caused some challenges. As a parent I am not thrilled with the personalities of a few of the teachers and the behavior of some of the students. I hope that its proposed relocation is to a better facility. Those are my only negatives. I love the programs, activities, communication to parents, parent involvement and the academic programs.

I have had all 4 of my kids at Burton, I really loved it! Burton has great teachers, they do Clue Me In, a reading club, they have a nice recess spot. Out on the playground they have lunch aids who care for your kids like you would and watch over them at lunch. They have good foods to buy for lunch, fruit, salad, chicken, pizza once a week, for like, $3! I recommend Burton for your child, they even have a program for kids with autism that i loved, I now have 1 kid left at burton in 4th grade who has autism, and loves the school! You should have your kids go to burton!

This is a horrible school there are no good activities it has a good principal and curriculum though.My children hate it they dont learn anything their programs are awful

I have a child that goes to Burton and I think that this is the best school that my son has ever gone to. The Teachers are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

We have had 2 children go through Burton and have been very pleased with their progress. We have been here through 2 administrations and are very pleased with the current (2008) principal. The principal and teachers are very hands on and involved in the student's school lives. Parents play a key role and are very active and involved in school and extracurricular activites. I would highly recommend this school, and the Huntington Woods community, to anyone.

The curriculum is not innovative or exciting but the sense of community is strong. The district advertises differentiated learning but it is not well-demostrated at Burton. The curriculum could be greatly improved but for those looking for an traditional neighborhood school, it works.

Last modified Burton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.