Burton Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
I have a grandson that is at Burton. He is very happy there and is learning well. He has some great teachers that have responded very well to his academic needs. At this time I would say that the school is taking the right path to teaching my grandson.

Burton Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2010
This is a really good school that is undergoing many changes that has caused some challenges. As a parent I am not thrilled with the personalities of a few of the teachers and the behavior of some of the students. I hope that its proposed relocation is to a better facility. Those are my only negatives. I love the programs, activities, communication to parents, parent involvement and the academic programs.

Posted December 03, 2008
I have had all 4 of my kids at Burton, I really loved it! Burton has great teachers, they do Clue Me In, a reading club, they have a nice recess spot. Out on the playground they have lunch aids who care for your kids like you would and watch over them at lunch. They have good foods to buy for lunch, fruit, salad, chicken, pizza once a week, for like, $3! I recommend Burton for your child, they even have a program for kids with autism that i loved, I now have 1 kid left at burton in 4th grade who has autism, and loves the school! You should have your kids go to burton!

Posted July 14, 2008
This is a horrible school there are no good activities it has a good principal and curriculum though.My children hate it they dont learn anything their programs are awful

Posted April 18, 2008
I have a child that goes to Burton and I think that this is the best school that my son has ever gone to. The Teachers are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Posted February 20, 2008
We have had 2 children go through Burton and have been very pleased with their progress. We have been here through 2 administrations and are very pleased with the current (2008) principal. The principal and teachers are very hands on and involved in the student's school lives. Parents play a key role and are very active and involved in school and extracurricular activites. I would highly recommend this school, and the Huntington Woods community, to anyone.

Burton Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2008
The curriculum is not innovative or exciting but the sense of community is strong. The district advertises differentiated learning but it is not well-demostrated at Burton. The curriculum could be greatly improved but for those looking for an traditional neighborhood school, it works.

Posted May 25, 2006
This school has been challenging academically and the extracurricular activities have been very important in the growing creativity in my child. Every grade has four roomparents that volenteer and get involved with the teacher to assist with classroom parties and other special projects. Parent involvement is essential to your growing child. There is nothing more important than one on one with homework assignments. They average one teacher to twenty children in the classroom. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 08, 2005
Burton Elementary far exceeds the national standards in terms of quality of academic programs. Our children are expected to perform to their highest level. Burton kids begin art, music, gym, etc in kindergarten. Spanish begins in the 1st grade. There are several excellent programs offered by the school and the Parks and Recreation department. Parent involvement is very strong at Burton. It isn't unusual for every child to have at least one parent present for all events if not two. The teachers welcome the involvement of the parents and often have great working relationships.

Burton Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2004

Burton Elementary School
26315 Scotia Road, Huntington Woods, MI  48070
Last modified Burton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top