Posted May 10, 2014
I am happy to say that I LOVE Summit! They prepare kids for college, have extremely high standards, and are an extraordinarily safe school! There is no other school I would send my children to!

Posted May 10, 2014
Summit Academy North High School has been awarded the status of being a "Top 5% Reward School" by the State of Michigan for showing the greatest gains in student achievement. If you want to hold your children to high standards and have them be prepared for college, then Summit if right for you! If you prefer to make excuses for your child, than Summit is not the best place for your child. Have high standards, choose Summit!

Summit Academy North High School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
Summit Academy High School is the worse environment to place your child especially African American males. There are fears within some leadership and staff that lend itself to personal bias, lack of due process and or unfair/unequal treatment. We have experience as a parents that leadership at this school uses intimidation and discouragement based on their lack of experience outside of the high school environment. We believe that the High School Leadership has a mission which is culturally disastrous for Black males (If you allow it). This "School Environment" de-grates and diminishes hope, and the ability to become outstanding citizens. We have removed our child from Summit Academy North High School and he is on track to attend college this year despite the attempt to demoralize his character and culture. We believe that this experience alone has prepared our son for what the world of hatred and personal bias has to offer. We would never send a child to such an environment in which decisions about the livelihood of students are based solely on personal beliefs and false facts or accusations. This high school does not allow students to respectfully speak up about injustice.

Summit Academy North High School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I have heard good things about Summit Academy North High School. My son is now in the 8th grade and Summit is our top 5 schools we are considering. In fact a friend of mine, her son is starting Summit this September and she is impress with with the structure.

Posted March 31, 2013
This school is excellent!. The teachers communicate their expectations to the student and keep parents updated.

Summit Academy North High School 3

Posted December 18, 2012
In the past, Summit was a great school. I've been with Summit from Kindergarten until this year, my senior year. I feel as if Summit is making some choices that are not really based upon parent's and student's wishes. There's still a great group of students and several excellent teachers, but I would evaluate all options before choosing to attend here again (mostly due to bad teacher hiring choices).

Posted October 31, 2012
You will not find a better high school no matter how hard you look. The teachers all have a real attitude about making sure the students are learning what they need to in order to advance as productive adults in our community. Keep it up Summit!

Summit Academy North High School 2

Posted June 21, 2012
I have to say as my child transitioned this year to Summit, I wasn't very impressed. Some teachers are not approachable. They use intimidating tactics towards the students especially when parents address concerns directly. Whats also alarming is that there are no academic counselors that monitors the students progression throughout there schooling. On the good side I love the school's No Excuses policy in which they offer before school and after school tutoring for students. Summit seems to be missing something. My wife and I are looking at other options.

Summit Academy North High School 3

Posted November 19, 2011
This is my daughters 3rd year at Summit ... I have loved all of her teachers and think they go above and beyond there job to help the kids .. But the class size is WAY to big... The teachers are overwhelmed but this is NOT the teachers fault... This is the administrations fault !!!

Summit Academy North High School 2

Posted November 30, 2010
I decided to pull my kids from Summit Academy schools because the teacher turn over rate in the high school is too high. I chose another school that has experienced teachers for my children.

Summit Academy North High School
18601 Middlebelt Rd, Huron Township, MI  48174
Last modified Summit Academy North High School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Academy North High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top