Posted October 08, 2010
Ida Public Schools is a great...down home....country school that has the parents and the community support. There is not much money in Ida as it is a farming community but the participation by the community, students, parents is phenomenol. Test scores are the best in the region and there is no tolerance for bad behavior by students...i.e. there is very little if any trouble there. Parents from surrounding communities try to get their kids into Ida Schools because of the greatness it has for a public school system.

Ida High School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
the teachers and staff are incredible!could not ask for better

Posted July 08, 2009
As a graduate from Ida, I can say that it is an excellent school. The teachers are there to help you learn in anyway they can. The chances getting in trouble are far less compaired to a city school. I liked the fact that every one knew everyone. It is a very safe and educational school.

Posted July 05, 2009

Ida High School 2

Posted August 25, 2008
I feel that the good old boy network is in full bloom at Ida. My children have been there for going on 10 years and I have to say they would had been better off at private schools. It seems like once a teacher gets their time in they just glide through till they retire. My daughter took spanish as a freshman and didn't learn a thing. They now offer Art as a Foriegn Language to meet the states requirements for graduation. Art? Make the kids learn something. Hold them to a higher standard. As for sports. The policy is two failures and you can't play. I think it should be at least a C average or you don't play. This school does not even have a track to run meets on. Stuck in the 1970's. Put up a milliage for vote. Invest in the kids future.

Posted February 10, 2008
I graduated in 2006, and I believe Ida is a wonderful school. The teachers are very helpful even after graduation. To this day I still talk to some of the wonderful teachers that I once had. The only bad thing is not having a very big option in class choices. WHich is understandable concidering our economy. Needless the extracurricular activities are wonderful, and there are a lot of ways to get involved in the communit with help through this school.

Ida High School 2

Posted May 07, 2006
Overall I think the Ida High School is a good school academically. I am disappointed with the lack of specific interest offerings. Classes are very traditional. I also want to point out that the minority ratio is only 1% with 99% being of 'caucasion' race. I think it is extremely important to have diversity in education since this country is not only at a ratio of 33% minority, but steadily changing in terms of cultural identity and global resources. I would hope that Ida would try to expand class offerings as well as offer a variety of extracurricular activities.

Ida High School 4

Posted July 06, 2005
Wonderful school, very caring teachers ... This school has totally turned my child around , parents could be more involved so we could add more benefits for the children.

Posted March 07, 2005
Ida is a great school, with many qualities. My sons learned good study skills, and went off to college and succeeded. The teachers are caring and wish the best for every single student. Another quality of Ida High School is the success of the many extra curricular activities it offers. There is an awesome band program, great sports teams, and the wondreful students take pride in what they take part in.

Ida High School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
My g'son transferred to Ida and found teachers caring and helpful, it turned him completely around, he was barely passing. He graduated and his now in college studying accounting. Thank you Ida for giving him a future.

Ida High School
3145 Prairie Street, Ida, MI  48140
Last modified Ida High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ida High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top