Inkster, MI

Burger Development Center 1

Posted September 02, 2015
Children are made fun of. Teachers and staff regularly misplace students. Students are allowed to walk around the school unsupervised. Students have had unexplained marks and bruises. Some teachers are lazy and don't teach children anything. Teachers complain about students behaviors are suggest you placing your child in a facility or institution. Aides are only there for paychecks they are mean and not knowledgable about the disorder. Students have went without needed speech and occpational therapy because the school didn't habe a therapist on staff. Half crippled aides are in charge of students who are known as elopement risks. The staff never follows through on behavior plans. I agree with the former students review this school made my child worse and didn't teach my child anything. Do your homework before sending your child here. It may be the biggest mistake of your life. Former parent of burger student

Burger Development Center
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 02, 2015
My childs doctors order was completely disregarded resulting in emotional harm and suffered academically because the need was not met by the school.

Posted April 30, 2015
Short and sweet, this school has the most wonderful. Patient, caring, and knowledgeable teachers and teachers aids! Our child has come so far since entering in this school. We feel very comfortable our child is getting a great education as well as many other opportunities. Highly recommended if your child has autism!

Posted November 23, 2014
Very concerned about comment of the former student of Burger. If the student is able to comment about those things and currently is in college, it was probably a candidate for a different place than Burger. I personally know everything referred on the comment and are used in extreme situations, there are few of them, with severe autism, but this does not appear to be the case but other kind of disability or learning issue. I will keep supporting Burger since I got the best of my son and now he is successfully mainstreamed.

Burger Development Center 1

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a former student from here and now in college for a real job , DONT send anybody who actually has autism here, I prefer to stay anonymous, but what i might say may be unsettling, the teachers are rude the staff is insane and there is no justice for anybody with autism, they have padded cells in parts of the school called "Quiet Rooms" the teachers used to tell me to do a job like deliver the lunch slips, then call the "Support team" on me to haul me back to her room and thretten me with the padded cell, then order me to delever the slip again, only to call the support team because i didnt wanna do it because it would be constantly repeated, I watched the art teacher make fun of a student for being a Furry and bully him to stop drawing because it is Innopropirate, i had a teacher break my sony walkman because i was wearing a tom and jerry shirt, i had a teacher throw out my lunch because she didnt like what i chose to eat, this is not a good place for autistic children! I'm 22 now and i have a job in sound, and i'm still afraid of that place. please, if you care, send them to a real school, not something that eats away your childhood like this one

Posted June 13, 2010
I can't say enough to express how wonderful Burger is! It has helped my daughter & my family get through the fear & worry of her Autism diagnosis. Everyone there truly cares for these kids. I don't believe the Garden City School district treats this school as they should.

Posted March 09, 2010
My son attended Burger for just one year. The teachers worked miracles for him. They were patient and consistent.

Posted October 04, 2009
This is a great school for kids with autisim, the teachers are so patient and dedicated

Posted August 27, 2008
My daughter has been attenting Burger for 11 years. The school is fantastic!! Teachers and parents work together to enable the child to benefit at their greatest potential. I cannot say enough to praise this school.

Burger Development Center
28865 Carlysle Street, Inkster, MI  48141
Last modified Burger Development Center is a Public school that serves grades K-12
Burger Development Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top