Inkster, MI

Posted March 11, 2014
This is the first year my kids have attendend David Hicks, they both love this school, and everything the teachers have to offer . The kids are getting smarter every day and are excelling in the Spanish language classes! The principal Mr Rozinski works great with families and stays involved daily. There are so many opportunities for the children, such as a basketball team, talent shows, and various activity nights. They are learning great leadership skills as well. This is a great school to grow great kids!

Posted September 29, 2009
My son as been attending David Hick since 2006 and now he's in the 3rd grade. I feel the school is awesome and the princioal does an outstanding job.

Posted September 23, 2009
I recently posted a comment regarding David Hicks being in Inkster and having children attend/attending that school and have done well and are doing well. One more thing I wanted to add was that I wish Mrs. Mosca could teach my child all throughout elementary. She 's great, very caring and understanding/patient and was very good with my child in 1st grade. Thanks Mrs. Mosca As a result, he making great stride in 2nd grade. thanks Mrs. Mosca.

Posted April 01, 2009
I disagree with the comment stating that it's in a rough area. If the area is so 'rough', why send your child there. Inkster has received unfair reviews. The school is great and the teaching staff is the best. I'm unsure about the area that the person was speaking of but I've been a resident for seven years and my area has been awesome.

Posted June 25, 2008
David Hicks Elementary School is a top notch school.The principal and staff are caring professionals. The have a top notch reading recovery program..Ms. Larson is the greatest.

David Hicks School 4

Posted April 16, 2008
This school is quite good considering the fact that it is in a rough area of Inkster. The principal is working hard to make it a great place. The teachers are good, especially the fourth grade staff.

Posted January 22, 2007
I am really proud of a teacher. She is Mrs.Grezak. My child is always coming home with a smile. You should give her a thumbs up!

Posted February 06, 2006
I have a Kindergarten student in Hicks Elementary. The school is Fantastic! And I cant say Enough about the Principal Akeya Murphy. She is so open to suggestions and parents concerns, the teacher and principal being so eager for parent involvement put my fears of sending my first son to school, at total ease!

David Hicks School 4

Posted March 20, 2005
I have 2 children going there and a third entering. They have been there since kindergarten. I think they have very dedicated pta staff and they have good extracurricular activities. The principal is just OK. But I have never had a problem with the teachers or other students. I feel my kids has had a decent education. Nothing spectecular but it's enough. I know for a fact the teachers are good and would love to do more but the funds just are'nt there in the district unfortunately. But overall an very good school.

Posted August 19, 2003
Davi Hicks Elementary School has made a 90 % turnaround in the last few years. This school took an interest in its overall advancement. They recruited teachers, administration , parents even the students themselves to become more committed to achievement. They focused on reading writing and attendance. This school improved in every area and is still committed to improving . I have twin students entering the third grade ,each with individual strengths and weakness's. I feel confident David Hicks will address all of there concerns. I would recommend David Hicks to all Elementary students and Parents.

100 Helen Street, Inkster, MI  48141
Last modified David Hicks School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Hicks School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top