Interlochen, MI

Posted October 23, 2013
Interlochen AA is amazing! It has small class sizes and challenging academics that prepare the students for college. I'm so pleased with this school so far.

Posted October 22, 2013
My son's first year and I can't even begin to say what a wonderful school and atmosphere.

Posted April 18, 2013
Some people are happy with IAA, We have an A student, organized, and "talented" i.e. First chair in public school orchestra, 3rd chair at Interlochen Summer Camp. Interlochen Arts Academy (2012 - 2013) A SERIOUS DISAPPOINTMENT Regrettable disappointment IAA Music Instructors: talented musicians, canceling class, late for class, moody, inconsistent IAA Academics: disappointment, EASY, slowing the pace to accommodate "slackers", then skipping chapters to "catch up" Weather: Cold cold Colder Campus: charming, wooded, beautiful, park like setting, Teachers: more engaging than public schools, permissive Challenge: less challenging than public schools; some good projects, easy but engaging Students: seem to be "skating" and the staff is totally accommodating; low test scores, come in for "test corrections" Freshman violin : weekly lesson and daily orchestra, and a weekly studio class (cancelled 40% of the time) Where's the BEEF? What a bust (for us)!

Posted September 14, 2012
Interlochen has changed greatly. In terms of quality of teachers and quality of stdents. I am referring to the Visual Arts program which is terrible. Unbelievable how its level could be so low. Interlochen is only good if you are in the Music or Performing Arts, but if you are into Visual Arts run as far away as possible from this place.

Posted June 18, 2012
disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed disappointed

Posted December 17, 2011
As an alumna of Interlochen Arts academy I am extremely disappointed in the direction the administration is taking the school. My experience at Interlochen was largely positive, but many of the teachers that made it so great have been let go as they approach retirement age. It is painful to see the school I love treat its dedicated and talented teachers so terribly.

Posted September 10, 2010
As a parent of an International Student at Interlochen, I can say that this is the best high school noy only in the US but in the world for those who are going to have careers in the arts. This is my son s 2nd year there and he has grown up in all ways possible. The teachers are superb, LIBERAL, and they encourage the students to show the best of them. I m making huge sacrifices to have my son there, but it s worth every dollar!.

Interlochen Arts Academy 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It is the best arts school in the world and the best HS for academics in the country.

Posted March 05, 2009
My son attended for two years, playing in the orchestra. They have ambitious weekly goals for the students, and they get it done. You cannot do better than this school. I wish it were not so expensive. I am glad my son has the memory of this experience. Priceless.

Posted March 02, 2009
There is simply no better school in the nation for the arts. Period. I attended another arts boarding school and Interlochen's musical talent, teachers, and academics dwarfed the other school I attended. While a boarding school environment is not for everyone, it encourages growth and maturation, and prepares you in ways no other schools can for the college life. The only thing I can say against the school is that I feel personally that uniforms restrict a person's ability to express themselves, and an art school is seemingly the place for self-expression. Perhaps the food could be better, but of course that doesn't really matter! All in all I would make any sacrifice for my child to attend (when I do have children), because I would want them to be as well prepared for the world as I was. Seriously consider it!

Interlochen Arts Academy
4000 M 137, Interlochen, MI  49643
Last modified Interlochen Arts Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Interlochen Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top