Public charter
Jackson, MI

Da Vinci Institute (9-12)

Posted October 03, 2009
they help students that most schools have given up on.they believe all children are teachable.

Posted June 05, 2008
The staff truly cares about each student. This is shown not only recognizing their academic successes, but personal success as well.

Posted January 22, 2007
My son graduated from the Da Vinci Institute. He did not do well in the traditional school environment. He graduated with College credits from Da Vinci, served 8 years in the USMC achieving the rank of Sgt. and is now a Business Development Manager. The freedom to design an individualized education plan is what made his educational experience successful. If students and parents are willing to work with staff, the most important thing your child will learn how to function in the real world, critical thinking skills and how to learn. If you just want a babysitter, this is not the school for you.

Posted January 12, 2007
Whoever said that this school is awful is either a liar, or isn't very smart; da Vinci is a very good school, with classes like bowling, a good biology class where you can learn quite a lot, and art classes based on what the students think is fun. There is also a system where students can sort out their problems; and a lot of activities that require parent involvement. How do I know? I am a student there. Trust me, this would be the school I would send my kids to.

Da Vinci Institute (9-12) 4

Posted April 16, 2006
I attened this school for two years and I really enjoyed being there.This school is really set up so that the students get a really good eduacation and all the help they need.A lot of the teachers made some of the subjects I hated so much fun and a great learning experience.The staff really do care about the students best intrest at daVinci,and that's the truth!They just need to add more extracurricular activities into the school.Other than that,it's a really good school.~Shaquor~

Posted April 26, 2005
I attended this school and loved every minute of it. Da Vinci provides a safe learning enviroment that still allows you to grow. The classes are set up for you to take charge and learn to be responsible for your own self, while still having guidance. This school helped to form a bond with not only other students, but the teachers as well. It teaches you to have self respect and helps you to gain a direction for your future. I would recomend this school to any one! It is truely an expirence that will change the way you look at school forever...and make you a better person in the process!

Posted January 22, 2005
My daughter has been attending da Vinci for two years now. I have been very impressed with all they have to offer her. It is a safe enviroment where teachers and parents can really work together. Because of the option of career center and dual enrollment at JCC, I am always confident she is taking the right courses for her skill level. She was in the African Drumming class for three years and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. I to loved watching all of the schools perform. Elementary, middle, and highschool. Thank you da Vinci for supplying my daughter with what she needs to suceed in life.

Da Vinci Institute (9-12) 1

Posted November 06, 2004
This is an awful school do not send your kids here my daughter went here and was picked on continusly and nothing happened when she told the principal. It isnt a good school it is the smae as every other school.

Da Vinci Institute (9-12) 4

Posted March 13, 2004
I attented this school (the high school version) for two years and I really enjoyed it. However, while some teachers were very involved with the students and the schoolwork, others allowed a lot of 'group work' which made it really easy to slack off and get behind. I liked that it is an ungraded school because if you work really hard you can graduate early. They really try to make learning fun and provide some awesome opportunites that most students would never have had the chance to do if not for this school. On one summer session I was able to go backpacking in Colorado and Utah with a group of students and teachers.

Da Vinci Institute (9-12)
2255 Emmons Rd, Jackson, MI  49201
Last modified Da Vinci Institute (9-12) is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
Da Vinci Institute (9-12) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top