Public charter
Jackson, MI

Posted August 19, 2013
I do not understand why the test scores are posted as low as they are when this school was rated 13th in the entire state of Michigan as an Academic State Champion by Bridge Magazine on 2013. My child is a student here and is almost a straight A student. The class sizes are small, so the teachers have lots of opportunity to work one on one with your child if they need help with a subject. They have a strict policy against bullying. All the students seem to know each other. There is a wonderful after school program. Every Friday students have a half day.

Posted February 06, 2013
My son is a HIGH achiever and the teachers here accommodate to meet his needs grades ahead of his peers. I have also seen them work with children who need extreme interventions to meet grade level tasks. The environment is about kindness and family. Bullying and mean/aggressive behaviors are not tolerated in the least.

Posted October 20, 2009
Da Vinci firmly believes that every child is special and unique and that they each learn in there own way. They work with parents to find the best learning style and implement it.

Da Vinci Institute (K-8) 4

Posted March 01, 2008
If your child needs more personal hands on attention, I highly recommend this school. My 7th grader used to attend a large highly rated school in our county but she felt lost in the crowd, didn't have friends, hated school and performed poorly. At DaVinci the small class size and family atmosphere has made my student love school again. She claims the classes are easier, but her MEAP test scores have all improved from Proficient to Advanced this year.

Posted February 16, 2008
My kids were homeschooled for years and I tried to send them to Northwest Schools at first. What a mistake! I was about to pull them out and homeschool again, when someone told me about daVinci. This is just the school my kids needed to succeed! They love it here, and can't wait to go everyday. The classes are small, and the teachers are great. I would highly recomend this school.

Da Vinci Institute (K-8) 1

Posted November 05, 2005
This one of the worst schools I have ever seen. Children are not supervised or taught much of anything. My childs class regularly has a recess attendant for a substitute teacher, and no, she isnt a teacher at all. I wouldnt recommend this school for my dog.

Posted January 11, 2005
this is my favorite school ever and i have fun everyday send your sons and daugters here we treat them like family and so will the teachers. DA VINCI Josh-

Posted October 14, 2004
This is an awesome district. Small Class sizes make for an intimate learning environment. I have rarely seen a school where the students actually WANT to go. This school is on the right track!

Posted November 21, 2003

Da Vinci Institute (K-8)
559 Murphy Street, Jackson, MI  49202
Last modified Da Vinci Institute (K-8) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Da Vinci Institute (K-8) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top