Public charter
Jackson, MI

Posted August 27, 2014
Paragon Charter Academy is the best school in this area for students to learn morals and academics mixed with parent teaching also. It is a great foundation school for working towards future goals such as college and just all over well rounded students who strive for more. If anyone asks I always refer them to this school. The teachers are amazing and really care and focus on the students. The classes are smaller than the general public schools and with the uniforms their is limited problems as every one looks the same. I could not ask for a better staff or a better school!! They are always improving their school!

Posted December 13, 2013
This is a excellent school. My daughter was well prepared for high school after attending Paragon.

Posted May 02, 2013
This school is great... but i do worry about them placing in the common core circ for next year... that does worry me...

Paragon Charter Academy 2

Posted May 02, 2013
I know why this school has such great school scores, they weed out the special education kids, it's ridiculous how they won't help these poor kids. Parents get frustrated , take their kids out and its an end to Paragons problem. Public schools can't do that, so of course test scores will be different. Paragon is a joke.

Posted June 04, 2012
I put my kids here to get an above average education without the price tag. The curriculum is great but the teachers are hit and miss, and don't get me started on the dress code. I understand the reasoning behind the uniforms and even support it, but the focus on shoes, socks, hair clips, etc is a waste of time and energy. I've had my kids here for 5 years, I'm pulling them for next year. That's how ridiculous it's gotten. Kids need to learn to conform while being individuals..that's not the lesson here. Way to teach kids that focusing on their appearance is what matters most,. Also the extra curricular activities for girls are a joke, the volleyball program was the biggest. Games would be canceled, practices changed and no notes..no phone calls, until my kid is sitting there for a half hour because a game was cancelled so it was changed to a practice with a shorter time Thank you Paragon for squashing my children's love of art and sense of individuality. I remember being relieved and excited f.or my kids to attend, now I can't wait to be done with it, and that's not even factoring in the pick up situation every.single.day.

Paragon Charter Academy 2

Posted August 28, 2011
The teachers are great here but if your kid has a disability they don't have enough resources to help them. They don't have a special ed department, they don't bus and be ready to fork out money every month for one thing or another!

Posted August 08, 2011
This school does a tremendous job with children. The teachers are all young, committed, carring, energetic, and moral. They will come in early or stay late to make sure that your child is getting the help that they need. They are totally committed to helping children learn things like integrity, responsibility, respect, and positivitity. This school is better than a private school. Go Paragon!

Posted October 13, 2010
Teachers (I've experienced) are great, but I think that the administration should start following the morals that they teach the students.

Posted May 20, 2010
I liked the school overall. My child had good teachers but there were some disappointments. (1) The class ratio in Kindergarten is 25:1 (2) My child is above average and I am not convinced she was properly challenged -- while the teacher is great the ratio of students to teacher has to be overwhelming. (3) The school instituted a new grading system but rather than adequately explaining it (even after an evening of explanation) backed down as soon as parents challenged it. It makes the administration look spineless. (4) I addressed my concerns with the principal about safety issues and parental notification in the event of emergency and was poo pooed. (5) I addressed my concerns with the principal about discontinuing foreign language for 1-4th graders. There are fundraisers for everything there and without even We are considering a new school for the fall with foreign language for 1st graders.

Posted May 12, 2010
i think this is really great school.i have two step-daughter that go to this school and i think its great.

Paragon Charter Academy
3750 McCain Road, Jackson, MI  49201
Last modified Paragon Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paragon Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top