Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

i went to this school and really its kinda bad. first of i felt like i was unaccepted and shunned by everyone i felt bullied i felt like barley anyone likes me. and i think they pick favorites. i had a couple friends that came their and they hung out with me but everyone else despised me. one time i didnt want to trade lockers with another student so guess what infront of staff they threw all of my stuff out of my locker just to get it and when i went to the principle he did nothing. like seriously 2 years. i was almost stuffed in a locker until i fought back against one of them. just trust me on this one at that school it was a living nightmare. and to make matters worse they take any kid who they think is smarter than the rest and place them in a different class room then anyone else. it just makes me feel like im dumb. and i once skipped a grade. so in all honesty dont send your child to this school. and i think race a culture is a big problem there.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

some teachers taught me things others didn't even skim the edge. so they are somewhat effective

Amount of homework: no rating

i dont like homework in generally and i never had homework because i finished it all in class so i really dont know.

Great blend of diversity, moral focus and academics. They have the ability to offer extra help for students who need it as well as challenge for students who excell in areas. I have a daughter who spent 5 years there 3 of which in the accelerated learning program (ALPS) which has made her very sucessful in high school both academically and socially. I have a son who transferred here in 1st grade and was behind on reading. In one year with extra help he was reading at a 6th grade level. He now excells and is also in the ALPS program.

Paragon Charter Academy is the best school in this area for students to learn morals and academics mixed with parent teaching also. It is a great foundation school for working towards future goals such as college and just all over well rounded students who strive for more. If anyone asks I always refer them to this school. The teachers are amazing and really care and focus on the students. The classes are smaller than the general public schools and with the uniforms their is limited problems as every one looks the same. I could not ask for a better staff or a better school!! They are always improving their school!

This is a excellent school. My daughter was well prepared for high school after attending Paragon.

This school is great... but i do worry about them placing in the common core circ for next year... that does worry me...

I know why this school has such great school scores, they weed out the special education kids, it's ridiculous how they won't help these poor kids. Parents get frustrated , take their kids out and its an end to Paragons problem. Public schools can't do that, so of course test scores will be different. Paragon is a joke.

I put my kids here to get an above average education without the price tag. The curriculum is great but the teachers are hit and miss, and don't get me started on the dress code. I understand the reasoning behind the uniforms and even support it, but the focus on shoes, socks, hair clips, etc is a waste of time and energy. I've had my kids here for 5 years, I'm pulling them for next year. That's how ridiculous it's gotten. Kids need to learn to conform while being individuals..that's not the lesson here. Way to teach kids that focusing on their appearance is what matters most,. Also the extra curricular activities for girls are a joke, the volleyball program was the biggest. Games would be canceled, practices changed and no notes..no phone calls, until my kid is sitting there for a half hour because a game was cancelled so it was changed to a practice with a shorter time Thank you Paragon for squashing my children's love of art and sense of individuality. I remember being relieved and excited f.or my kids to attend, now I can't wait to be done with it, and that's not even factoring in the pick up situation every.single.day.

The teachers are great here but if your kid has a disability they don't have enough resources to help them. They don't have a special ed department, they don't bus and be ready to fork out money every month for one thing or another!

Last modified Paragon Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.