Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I see some of the reviews here, and most of the negative comments have been left by people who left Paragon years and years ago. My experience as a current Paragon parent has been nothing short of superb. The middle school is a caring, supportive environment for my child, and he is being challenged. The teachers and administration are great role models and really go the extra mile. We are happy at Paragon!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The deans and principal are great! They are approachable and know the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has a caring environment and the school emphasizes moral focus teaching.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great! Caring and professional.

My daughter is happy to go to school and her teacher recognized that she needed more challenging work and she is getting what she needs to keep moving forward.

Is there a lower option than one star? I've gone to Paragon Charter from 5th grade to 8th grade . The teachers talk down to you like you're a six year old. The food is expired and absolute garbage. If they even have an anti-bullying program anymore, it's a joke. The kids (and even some teachers) will single out anyone who's even slightly different. Learning disabilities, physical handicaps, you name it. I developed depression in fifth grade. Only send your kid here if you want them to believe they're stupid and have crippling self-doubt and hatred. Let me put it this way: after I graduated from Paragon Charter, I went on to Jackson High School. I had never felt so free in my life. I graduated with a 3.7 GPA and a Certified Nurse Aid license in the Career Center while in Paragon I was barely scraping a 2.0.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Another joke. I transferred to Paragon in 5th grade and the closest people I had to friends after my friend got pulled out of school was a group of kids that explicitly went out of their way to make fun of me without stealing my pencils and notebooks. At least I kept my crap around them.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The closest person I had to a friend here was a girl with down syndrome. I loved making her laugh and sharing snacks. The teachers tried to separate us, and eventually told her parents she was failing and they kicked her out. They then tried to stick me in a "disabled" special ed. I say "disabled" because no one in this room was mentally handicapped in any way. We were having difficulties paying attention and focusing. I am now 19, and I have been officially diagnosed with ADHD just a few months ago. Having an official name for my condition and being treated for it is much more effective than being told you're stupid and forcing you to stay sitting inside during recess.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This is honestly a joke. A terrible, terrible joke.

i went to this school and really its kinda bad. first of i felt like i was unaccepted and shunned by everyone i felt bullied i felt like barley anyone likes me. and i think they pick favorites. i had a couple friends that came their and they hung out with me but everyone else despised me. one time i didnt want to trade lockers with another student so guess what infront of staff they threw all of my stuff out of my locker just to get it and when i went to the principle he did nothing. like seriously 2 years. i was almost stuffed in a locker until i fought back against one of them. just trust me on this one at that school it was a living nightmare. and to make matters worse they take any kid who they think is smarter than the rest and place them in a different class room then anyone else. it just makes me feel like im dumb. and i once skipped a grade. so in all honesty dont send your child to this school. and i think race a culture is a big problem there.

Last modified Paragon Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.