Bad
Good

I am a parent that truly respects our school leadership, when the leaders of our school has earned the respect that I have to offer. The school system in VCL has been my worst experience that I have ever encountered. I have raised 4 children in another school district and now I am trying to raise my 5th child at Vandercook. Everyone beginning with Tony hollow, all the way down to substitute teachers are a long way from deserving the respect they wish for. Unless your child is on a sports team that can make the school "SHINE", then your child is not ever going to get the fair treatment they deserve from these school leaders. If you have anyway to prevent your children from attending this school, then I would highly recommend doing this, for your child's sake.

I left the Vandercook school district about 4 years ago. When I left the school had recently put a new bully policy in effect. At the time student were taking it as a joke. I faced bullying from students and staff. When my mother and I approached the administrators about they simply replied with "Do you think it could be your daughter causing the problem?" I finished the school year and moved to Western where I have been glad to go to school every morning. Not to mention the teachers are horrible and their band program is horrible. I entered band and self taught myself due to the lack instruction from the director. I only stayed enrolled for a year but during that time he had us watch movies (non educational) for 5 weeks then would give us 2 weeks to attempt to learn our music. He is an ignorant instructor and enjoys embarrassing the children by having them not perform but do an "informance" to show they don't practice. To send your child here would be a huge mistake. The better schools are on the outskirts of Jackson (Colombia Central, Northwest, Western, Hanover Horton! etc.)

I totally agree that this is the worst school, they promote bullying. They do nothing for a student that needs a little attention or proding totally ignore parents that are not in their little circle of friends. For your childs safety and sanity DO NOT put them in this school

This school is by far the worst school that any parent could send there child to. they are only money hungry, and they will do anything that they have to, just to get money from you even if its changing dates on paper so they can count your child for student count day. if ur student is a senior at VCL i feel sorry for them, u as a parent might want to contact someone in the office and see if your child is still gonna walk. my child was suppose to graduate then she left for medical reasons and when she went back there they had lost over half of her school records and she went to VCL schools since kindergarden. so when graduation time came around they didnt tell her until 4 days before the ceromonie that she wasnt going to be able to walk or get her diploma.

I'm a student at this school. It's ok, but I feel like I'm not getting the best education there is. A lot of students don't really care about their grades, they can be very rude and disrespectful to their class mates and some teachers/ substitutes. And I don't think that people are paying enough attention to this, it needs to be resolved before some of the classes graduate. - class of 2010

i go to this school right now we may not be good in sports but we have the best edication

I pulled my children out of another school because of the bullying that led to my 5 year olds ulcers and put them into Vandercook. that was almost 5 years ago and my children have excelled in every way. there are some things that need to be worked on but this school district is on it's way to the top.

I graduated from Vandercook and I think it is a great school. The teachers are great and they put grades and school work above sports. I think that is very important. The principals are wonderful! The school is small enough that the teachers and principals know all the students so you can't get away with any funny business. I will definitely send my kids there.

This is the best public school in the jackson area. I myself have attended this fine school. The teachers are great, the buildings are being updated, and the sports programs are on the rise. All this is able to happen because of the great community and those who live in it.

Last modified Vandercook Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.