Bad
Good

Posted October 21, 2014
They work well with my children preparing each of them middle school helping them become great member of our community

Posted September 03, 2013
My son is in second grade and we love this school. He has received a ton of support and his teachers have been great in trying different ways to help him learn the material. The principal and teachers have been responsive to my concerns and although he has encountered bullies, these situations were addressed promptly and appropriately. I would love to see greater involvement in PTO.

Posted September 03, 2013
I feel that our school has always welcomed my children and offered them the care and concern that a parent would offer them. The teachers and staff are amazing and definitely deserve extra recognition for their over and beyond duties. I feel there is always room for improvement and have felt some issues slipping by the wayside. I understand the restrictions the school is under and appreciate them for taking my concerns when I have had them. Another thing to consider is that we are people of more informed age with technology we have access to more information than we ever have in the past - which makes us parents more informed about what is going on in schools across the country. I feel this is a plus and a negative at the same time. I look forward to seeing what this year holds for my children and look forward to seeing some new improvements this year. I feel that this school could benefit from more parents acting on their upset and getting involved with volunteer opportunities than just filing complaints. Actions = Results and sometimes that action is making the sacrifice of our time to best benefit our children.

King-Westwood Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2013
My daughter loves this school mainly because of the friends she has made and her teachers, but seriously misses her previous school. Before moving back to the area, her school had way more to offer, she was way ahead of her grade for 3 years. We moved here for family and the frosting on top was the KPS Promise, which seems to have little promise when it comes to higher academics. From what I've witnessed there are children being left way behind. We just wish there were more activities, such as Computer instruction, The option of learning a foreign language, and less lecture time used to address a class as a whole rather than deal with the children who continually misbehave and disrupt the class. It would also be wonderful to have way more participation and involvement when it comes to attending the PTO, less than 10 people is a shame to see when it has to do with the future and well being of our children. And as for the nutritional program, I was disgusted by the poor quality of food which was being served on more than 10 occasions when I visited my daughter for lunch. The district has one more year to impress me before I take my business elsewhere.

Posted July 24, 2013
My daughter has been going here for 2 years. I love this school. The principal is involved and very caring. The teacher are fun and engaging. I have watched my daughter grow exponentially both academically and socially in the time she's been here.

King-Westwood Elementary School 1

Posted June 26, 2013
This school has gone down hill in the last two years! New principal is horrible and does not want to work with parents. She has taken away all the fun activities that the children look forward to. Nolonger a fun school. To many bullying issues that they ignore even when brought to their attention. Removing my child from this school

Posted October 03, 2009
All three of my kids went there. They loved it and so did I.

Posted October 08, 2008
The statement left about King Westwood school on Feb 21.2008 is just NOT true. I have 3 children that attend this school. The teachers are caring and and do a great job with discipline. I feel bad that someone had a problem with a bully. There are bullies in every school. MLK does a great job with discipline. The test scores for this school speak loudly for the education the kids are receiving.

King-Westwood Elementary School 1

Posted February 21, 2008
There is a BIG problem with how this school handles bullies. The school is over run with bad behavior. This school is so bad we are having to pull our kids out.

King-Westwood Elementary School
1100 Nichols Road, Kalamazoo Township, MI  49006
Last modified King-Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.