Kalamazoo, MI

Woods Lake Elementary:A Magnet Center For The Arts 3

Posted October 03, 2014
I believe that the staff in this school is wonderful! However I don't think my child is being challenged enough. My child is very bright and gets over looked a lot because she knows how to do the work. It seems like in order to get any extra help in pushing kids you have to work at the school. The behavioral staff seems like it could be a little stricter on those in trouble. My child says that when kids fight, they leave the class and then come back later in the day. I don't believe they are learning any lesson because behavioral issues keep happening with the same students.

Woods Lake Elementary:A Magnet Center For The Arts 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My son has struggled with behavior issues in Peep and Kindergarten at other schools and we have been praying for improvement. This is my son's first year at Woods Lake and so far, we have very much enjoyed it! There is a wonderful sense of communication between the teachers and the principal and I am confident that this will a ever changing growth experience for my son and I. I believe with my heart that with the help of the staff at Woods Lake we will succeed and allowing my son to enjoy learning and to get back on the right educational path.

Posted June 09, 2008
My child has been having problems with other students. The teachers seem to be doing nothing about it. I have came up to the school 4 times and nothing has happened with the students bothering my child.

Posted May 12, 2008
This school is Great. We just have a lot of slow learning children who need more help. My children attend this school and they get help when they need it. Ms. Weldon is the Best.

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted December 14, 2006
My daughter attends Woods Lake and I think it is an excellent school. I do think that the students need more challenging academics and that there should be more options for advanced learning. Since the Kalamazoo promise there has been a huge increase in the attitude of the staff towards getting the children prepared for college and this is very exciting to see.This is a very special time for KPS and I feel very fortunate to have a child enrolled there. I could have picked any school in the area and am very happy with my choice.

Posted August 23, 2006
My son attended Woods Lake Elementary School for two years. He got there just as Principal Joan Weldon arrived there. She alone has made a change to the school. We love her enthusiasm with the kids and the particular details she has regarding their academics. I anticipate even more improvement in the years to come. My daughter will be attending Kdg. their this year. We chose the school because of all it has to offer her in music, drama and dance. I look forward to her endeavors and all she will get to experience under Principal Weldon leadership.

Posted December 02, 2005
I also am not satisfied with this school. I also do not feel that my child is being challenged enough or given the tools needed to succeed academically. I aslo am disappointed in the out put of programming coming from a magnet school for the arts which is very little, there should be several music, dance, and ,art programs preformed by the students whom attend there. I am thinking not to continue my child in this school. However, I may keep my child within the district for the time being.

Posted June 25, 2005
I did not like this school for my child. He was not challenged at all. This school does have some nice teachers but I do not agree with the curriculum and it does not seem to be working for the students.

Woods Lake Elementary:A Magnet Center For The Arts
3215 Oakland Drive, Kalamazoo, MI  49008
Last modified Woods Lake Elementary:A Magnet Center For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woods Lake Elementary:A Magnet Center For The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top