Bad
Good

This school is very active and fun to learn! The teachers have the right range for each grade and the students love this school ~ From a student named Jada Thomas :D

The staff, community & principal are all very supportive, loving & caring. I have never known a community to be so involved in a school! The location is in a great upscale neighborhood(parking sucks) but they have a good "30 second" drop off for students.

I was only in this school for one day, so I don't dare rate it a 5, but I will give you my first impression: I subbed one day, and I noticed: A very involved, happy, and friendly principal. An old, old school with narrow hallways and low ceiling, as well as music piped softly from the intercom in the hallway area, all of which made the school feel extremely cozy and homey!! Very friendly teachers. Very happy, smiling students. Teachers trying their best to teach. A friendly office. I was only in the very lowest grades, and never saw how it went in 2-3, but these are my first impressions. I came home and told my husband that this was the most awesome school I had been in!--and that's over my 6 years of subbing.

Two of my children attend Parkwood Upjohn , one will be in the kindergartner and one in the third this year. They both are doing really well thanks to a caring, loving and excellent staff at Parkwood. I only have good things to say about the school and the teachers we have had so far. My only hope is that it continues just the same way in the years to come! I really believe it is a very good school. There are issues at the school but over all the staff handles these situations before it gets out of hand.

This school, it's dedicated staff and principal, the diversity, and the involved parents is exactly what I want for my three children. I feel that every child in this school is respected and honored. Respect, responsibility and safety are key lessons, along with anti-bullying. There are many opportunities to learn in the way that best suits each child. I have three children with very different educational needs and the teachers and principal have recognized the needs of my kids, and others that I know, and have done their best to teach to my children's strengths. The PTO is very active at Parkwood, raising tens of thousands of dollars in one year to send kids on field trips, buy new copiers for teachers, and provide all sorts of activities throughout the year. This year we have a new vegetable garden and will be getting a new preschool/young elementary playground. I can't say enough about the good intentions of everyone involved. There positivity towards the school iscontagious.

the teachers really help and care for kids that is having a hard time learning.

Our family loves this school. The principal is absolutely fantastic and has such a wonderful relationship not only with the parents but also with the students. She is frequently helping kids on and off the bus in the morning or afternoon, stopping to greet and speak with students and she visits all the classrooms on a regular basis. Today was the school Literacy Parade with all the studentsw parading the costumes they made in class based on a book character. Afterwards she sang silly Halloween songs to the kids in my son's class when she dropped by. Many kids love to come up and give her a great big hug. We also love my son's 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Kessler. We moved here from North Carolina this year and everyone has made such an effort to make sure our son felt welcome.

Parkwood Upjohn is a socio-economic, racially integrated school. As a school consultant working at Parkwood Upjohn for 2+ years, I was impressed by the effort of staff and community members to willingly educate themselves and in turn implement change for the benefit of their students. In the process, they developed many innovative and motivating experiences that meet diverse needs. The school/community members of Parkwood Upjohn deserve recognition for the creative and diligent effort they exert to overcome the challenges they face.

Two of my children attend Parkwood Upjohn , one will be in the first grade and one in the third this year. They both are doing really well thanks to a caring, loving and excellent staff at Parkwood. I only have good things to say about the school and the teachers we have had so far. My only hope is that it continues just the same way in the years to come! I really believe it is a very good school. My children could both read pretty well by the end of Kindergarten and they are both at an advanced level. What more could I ask for?

My daughter has been going to Parkwood for 2 yrs and we have had a great success since we've been there. The principle and the teachers have been great. We had an issue with a student there and the staff handled it greatly.

Last modified Parkwood-Upjohn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.