Kalamazoo, MI

Posted October 29, 2012
My son is a current 7th grader and I couldn't be happier with the faculty and staff at Maple Street. The school strives daily to incorporate good behaviors, good grades and manners. They are quick to answer any questions and address concerns.

Posted April 25, 2010
My daughter, now a 2010 Graduate in a different City, attended this School when she lived here with me while I was attending WMU. I feel/felt it is an execellent school with a great program for children. I know that she loved it there and I also know that the school could really benefit from some funding to help with upkeep and providing more products; etc.. So, please help us to continue making our school the best it can be!

Posted September 18, 2008
Maple Street is a great place for students with diverse needs. Everyone is accepted, and everyone can participate.

Posted August 29, 2008
this is a really good school!

Posted March 01, 2008
I'm a grandmother of a seventh grader. I am pleased with the response the staff give to any problem whether it be discipline or academic. The only draw back I have seen is the politeness of one person in the office. Otherwise, I think most teachers and staff are there to help promote success in the future of the students. Safety in a school will always be a problem and something that needs to be continually worked upon by the school, parents and students. Maple Street seems to be much safer than the elementary school my grandson attended. The job of safety is never done.

Posted March 01, 2008
This school is freaking awesome! I attend Maple STreet and have for teo years now. The teachers are great, it's safe, and everybodyis socially active in one wayor another. Nobody left behind.

Posted May 11, 2006
Great options here and a safe environment. Arts include the 'normal' classes plus jazz, improv, dance, a recording studio (radio shows were recorded last weekend), lots of plays and musicals, amazing art projects throughout the building, art is integrated throughout the curriculum, technology access is great with even Math projects being creative and using Powerpoint presentations. Sports teams for all available after school. Academics opportunities are good for ALL students regardless of socioeconomic status. Diversity is accepted and embraced. The kids love the food, ask about the homemade cookies. It is safe and clean, go check it out yourself before you make any decisions!!! My oldest attended Maple Street and then Loy Norrix. Eventually she recieved a fantastic scholarship to a top college where she continued to be an A student (chemistry and biology), all based on academic knowledge from KPS!

Posted March 26, 2006
Having had three children attend this school I'm not going to say it is perfect or great in every respect. What I am saying is that this school does an amazing job with all students. Not just the 'white-bread middle class student' but with all students! They have a high minority and transient population that includes many students that suffer from generational poverty, but they also have good teachers and students that truly want to excell. If you look at data on this school you will see that they do exceptionally well with the middle class, stable students. If you are looking for a school to expose your child to the real world, with strong academic and extracurricular programs. Then this is the school for you, with students of every color and economic level. The teachers who work here truly want the best for every child!

Maple Street Magnet School For The Arts 2

Posted March 23, 2006
I think this school can be good but they need to inforce more dicipline with the students that have behavioral problems. My son is in 6th grade and is sometimes afraid of the older students. He has things thrown at him and has been hit. The staff dont seem to protect the children enough.

Maple Street Magnet School For The Arts 1

Posted January 10, 2006
It is a terrible school. The teachers there are very rude and not polite. The school is dirty and not clean and there is a major drug problem and gang problems there i went there and now i go to mattawan and it is 1000s of times bettter the teachers at my new school teach there because they enjoy it not just because of the money.

Maple Street Magnet School For The Arts
922 West Maple Street, Kalamazoo, MI  49008
Last modified Maple Street Magnet School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Street Magnet School For The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top