Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I had one issue with kids bullying my son and I contacted the principal. Problem solved! Not another complaint from my child again. It was handled quickly and professionally.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I contacted the school with one issue and I was pleasantly happy by the quick response and actions taken by the principal and vice principal

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids like the teachers. I had one teacher take 3 nights and stay late to help my child and 2 others because they were struggling.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Receive on line and printed reports of homework. So I stay on top of my kids. Home work is manageable.

I have 2 students at this school 6th and 7th graders. The teachers care, my one son was not turning in his work in class. The teacher called, and stayed after school for 3 nights to help him and a couple of other kids. He got one on one attention and now understands the assignments. The teacher even took time on the following Saturday to call me and check in on his progress he was making. I knew then this teacher really cares! I had E-mailed a concern to the principle and within a couple of hours I received a call back with details of what was done to correct the situation. Plus a follow up call the next evening. I have to say I am impressed with the staff, going on my 2nd year and 2 kids..... I have NO complaints. Very professional and caring.

My son is a current 7th grader and I couldn't be happier with the faculty and staff at Maple Street. The school strives daily to incorporate good behaviors, good grades and manners. They are quick to answer any questions and address concerns.

My daughter, now a 2010 Graduate in a different City, attended this School when she lived here with me while I was attending WMU. I feel/felt it is an execellent school with a great program for children. I know that she loved it there and I also know that the school could really benefit from some funding to help with upkeep and providing more products; etc.. So, please help us to continue making our school the best it can be!

Maple Street is a great place for students with diverse needs. Everyone is accepted, and everyone can participate.

I'm a grandmother of a seventh grader. I am pleased with the response the staff give to any problem whether it be discipline or academic. The only draw back I have seen is the politeness of one person in the office. Otherwise, I think most teachers and staff are there to help promote success in the future of the students. Safety in a school will always be a problem and something that needs to be continually worked upon by the school, parents and students. Maple Street seems to be much safer than the elementary school my grandson attended. The job of safety is never done.

Last modified Maple Street Magnet School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.