Public charter
Kalamazoo, MI

Paramount Charter Academy 1

Posted August 06, 2015
This school used to be a wonderful place for teachers, students, and parents alike. A few years ago a new principal came and is literally running the school into the ground. She fired some of the most caring and compassionate teachers I've ever seen, and hired in their place her little minions who will do her bidding. She had no idea the names of the children in her school and was unwilling to meet with parents who happened to have any concerns. My children started kindergarten there and six years later I don't know a family that has stayed because of the direction the school is headed.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 06, 2015
The teachers are (were? They fired all of the good ones). I felt very strongly that the teachers my kids had were amazing. I don't know if any of those teachers are left.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 06, 2015
My fourth grader would come home with hours upon hours of homework. We would occasionally stay up until 9 or 10 with my child in tears.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
This school scares it's students into performing well on standardized tests. They drill the children's "goals" into their heads until the kids are ridden with anxiety and fear.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
Favoritism run rampant in this school. This place is no better than a public school.

Posted October 24, 2013
Paramount Charter Academy is the best thing that ever happened to my 2 girls. They turned their grades around and when they needed help with something there was someone there to help them. The classrooms are small and they have the staffing that gives them the ability to reach out to each student that needs a little help. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a place for their children to get a good education while learning respect and responsibility.

Paramount Charter Academy 2

Posted May 08, 2013
Paramount Charter School...I've had three children attend Paramount. My last child there is currently in the third grade. She will NOT be attending next year. I kept her in there only because I really liked the third grade teacher she was assigned to this year. The school has deteroriated, there are adults walking through the halls at ALL times of the day, little or no staff supervision while children wander the hallways...(tragedy waiting to happen) The pick up/drop off is a joke. Children running everywhere creating a very unsafe enviornment. There was an incident where a child set a small fire in the bathroom during class time. Plenty of behavioral issues with the children,,,the Principal is never around,,,really sad how a once great school has gone down.

Posted May 02, 2013
Love how Paramount recognizes and rewards all the good behavior instead of focusing on the bad behavior like so many other schools do. They work so well with families and I love how involved we get to be. This is is an amazing school and I am so thankful we decided to put our children in this school!!!!!!!

Posted March 03, 2013
It's our first year at PCA! My son is in Y5's. We've enjoyed getting to know the students, parents, and staff. Can't wait for next year!!

Posted March 29, 2012
We are in our third year at Paramount and we love the school. My son is learning so much and he seems to enjoy school and learning. We have had great teachers that really care about their students. The staff and principal are always willing to discuss any issues or questions we have and the principal sends out an email every Sunday to parents with updates on what has been going on and what to expect in the weeks ahead. We also got our niece enrolled this year who seemed to be really struggling with understanding basic math concepts and the public schools were just pushing her through saying she was on track even thou she was father behind then my son and is older. She has had great growth since the beginning of the year and I really think that is because of the school and teachers. If I had anything bad to say I would say many of the parents don't really want to get involved in the Family council (like PTA) and that I wish the the moral focus teaching was a stronger part of the curriculum. Since my son is a typical boy and needs lots of reinforcement in that area. Like any school it may not be perfect for everyone but I am very happy with our choice to be Paramount parents.

3624 South Westnedge Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI  49008
Last modified Paramount Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paramount Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top