Posted October 24, 2013
Paramount Charter Academy is the best thing that ever happened to my 2 girls. They turned their grades around and when they needed help with something there was someone there to help them. The classrooms are small and they have the staffing that gives them the ability to reach out to each student that needs a little help. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a place for their children to get a good education while learning respect and responsibility.

Posted May 08, 2013
Paramount Charter School...I've had three children attend Paramount. My last child there is currently in the third grade. She will NOT be attending next year. I kept her in there only because I really liked the third grade teacher she was assigned to this year. The school has deteroriated, there are adults walking through the halls at ALL times of the day, little or no staff supervision while children wander the hallways...(tragedy waiting to happen) The pick up/drop off is a joke. Children running everywhere creating a very unsafe enviornment. There was an incident where a child set a small fire in the bathroom during class time. Plenty of behavioral issues with the children,,,the Principal is never around,,,really sad how a once great school has gone down.

Posted May 02, 2013
Love how Paramount recognizes and rewards all the good behavior instead of focusing on the bad behavior like so many other schools do. They work so well with families and I love how involved we get to be. This is is an amazing school and I am so thankful we decided to put our children in this school!!!!!!!

Posted March 03, 2013
It's our first year at PCA! My son is in Y5's. We've enjoyed getting to know the students, parents, and staff. Can't wait for next year!!

Posted March 29, 2012
We are in our third year at Paramount and we love the school. My son is learning so much and he seems to enjoy school and learning. We have had great teachers that really care about their students. The staff and principal are always willing to discuss any issues or questions we have and the principal sends out an email every Sunday to parents with updates on what has been going on and what to expect in the weeks ahead. We also got our niece enrolled this year who seemed to be really struggling with understanding basic math concepts and the public schools were just pushing her through saying she was on track even thou she was father behind then my son and is older. She has had great growth since the beginning of the year and I really think that is because of the school and teachers. If I had anything bad to say I would say many of the parents don't really want to get involved in the Family council (like PTA) and that I wish the the moral focus teaching was a stronger part of the curriculum. Since my son is a typical boy and needs lots of reinforcement in that area. Like any school it may not be perfect for everyone but I am very happy with our choice to be Paramount parents.

Paramount Charter Academy 1

Posted February 28, 2012
Numbers should not be what a school is based on...negativity has no place in a school when it comes to children! ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Posted February 03, 2012
The first year was great, second year had it's bumps in the road, this year has been a joke. I support that for the "cookie cutter" student this school is good, but for anyone less than "cookie cutter" there is a huge lack. Mainly unprepared instructors and administrators.

Posted January 23, 2012
We loved the kindergarten class! Moving on to 1st grade has been a huge disappointment! The teacher never speaks to anyone and if she does comment, it's to scold! I would love to see her smile or hear an encouraging word now and then. She always seems uninterested. Not at all happy this year.

Posted October 06, 2011
My daughter is also diabetic and the principal responded to all my needs and concerns for my daughter. The principal attended meetings with the diabetic nurse, myself and other staff members. I have never had any problems with the school or principal concerning my daughters diabetes.

Posted July 18, 2011
I was a parent of 3 children at this school. The teachers are wonderful, but the principal isn't someone that response to parents with concerns. My daughter is a diabetic and when Bronson nurses called her to schedule a training for the teachers, she never responded. The teachers and myself ended up scheduling the training ourselves. She also didn't respond to the social workers calls from Ann Arbor in regards to my daughter. When Dr. Lockett left, the family spirit and atmosphere left with her. I would not recommend this school to anyone. My children will not be returning this coming up school year.

Paramount Charter Academy
3624 South Westnedge Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI  49008
Last modified Paramount Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paramount Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.