Lake Leelanau, MI

Posted January 04, 2014
I am extremely happy to have my son attending St.Mary of Lake Leelanau for many academic and personal reasons. The school community provides a healthy environment for safe and enjoyable growth in my son and his classmates to a level unachievable elsewhere. My son will be able to remain here through 12th grade, obtaining horors level coursework in every aspect of the day. There are no unnecessary distractions, and instead opportunity for meaningful interactions, conversation or deep thought.

Posted November 08, 2008
An outstanding school. The staff are very helpful and enthusiastic. You know these teachers love what they do. Curriculum is well thought through and challenges the children. I recommend this school to anyone who asks.

St Mary School 0

Posted July 26, 2008
St. Mary School has been a tremendous blessing for my two daughters. We transferred here from a public school and the change has been remarkable. The girls have been challenged and encouraged and loved in a way that they never were before, and I know it is because God is allowed in the classroom. Faith changes people for the better and faith permeates every activity at St. Mary from academics to sports to extracurricular things. Our entire family just feels more 'included' than we ever did in public school (and we're not even Catholic!). Our ACT scores are the best in the county and I attribute that to teachers who are loving and dedicated and involved. Your child will be loved at St. Mary and they will excel as a result!

Posted February 23, 2006
At St. Mary's, every student is part of the school family. At a recent basketball game, a high school teacher just had to tell me that one of her sophomore students, who is my 2nd graders' 'buddy', really enjoys interacting with him and makes it a point to call Blaise by name in the hallways. They eat lunch and attend mass together occasionally and Blaise cheers extra hard for his 'buddy' at the games. My son has been able to make so many different friends in this little school, from Pre-K to High Schoolers, and I never feel that he has been lost in the shuffle. And while other schools in the area are having to cut back on programs and extra-curriculars, St. Mary's is scrambling to accomodate their growing and competitive programs. Because of the passion and dedication of his teachers, Blaise has excelled in his work, especially reading.

St Mary School
Po Box 340, Lake Leelanau, MI  49653
Last modified St Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Mary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top