Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Pine Tree Elementary School 2

Posted July 05, 2016
Some of the teachers have very snarky attitudes. The so called Rock Club is a joke. The club is ran by an individual who likes to speak negatively about students to other parents.

Pine Tree Elementary School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 04, 2016
I have found that Lake Orion schools in general do not over burden their students with an abundance of busywork homework. They put an emphasis on Math and Reading but still allow for families to have time together in the evenings.

Posted February 04, 2016
I don't know where to begin with my praises for Pine Tree! We toured almost every elementary school in LO and was unexpectedly blown away by Pine Tree. Every staff member you encounter at Pine Tree is kind and inviting. They all love this school and care deeply for their students. They are welcoming to parents and encourage involvement. The new Principle, Drew, is the perfect fit for elementary school kiddos. He is patient and caring but yet tough when he needs to be. The special needs program and staff are fantastic which is certainly not something you can say about every school. Our daughter was severely struggling at her last school but has positively flourished at Pine Tree! This is such a great community and school. We love Pine Tree!

Posted March 16, 2015
I would highly recommend Pine Tree. We have had our kids there for a few years and we have always loved the teachers. The media, gym, art & music instructors are great, too! They have started to focus more on health & wellness, which is an added bonus for our youth! We are proud to be a Pine Tree family!

Pine Tree Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2015
I do not like that the school is so rigid on everything. If you ask a teacher a question it seems they think you are not smart enough to find the answer yourself. This year seems to be very intense like that. Researching other schools as we speak.

Posted September 11, 2014
I currently have a 5th grader at Pine Tree Elementary. We can't say enough good things about it! The principle, staff, special education, and parent support is tremendous. A very warm and caring environment. They make sure your child succeeds and excels! I would recommend this school very highly to any family.

Posted August 31, 2014
I have had four children attend Pine Tree Elementary. The teachers there genuinely care about my children and work hard to challenge them with their academics. They have been taught how to care for others and handle bullying situations in school and at home. Thank you for doing a wonderful job teaching my children! We love Pine Tree!

Posted August 08, 2011
This is a great school and my son is already ready for 1st grade because the teacher was amazing...

Posted July 30, 2010
We have two children that have attended Pine tree and the curriculum is excellent along with the before and after care options. Being within walking distance to the school from home is great family time for a walk.

Posted July 24, 2007
I have 2 girls that attend Pine Tree and this is a very positive school! GREAT teachers and support staff all around. We moved to the district when my oldest started 1st grade and it was a great experience from the beginning. They each have made so many friends and the school is very positive focused! Thank you Pine Tree!

Pine Tree Elementary School
590 Pine Tree Rd, Lake Orion, MI  48362
Last modified Pine Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.