K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Superb school that has made a push to put themselves on the top tier academically. Great teacher/student ratio combined with a more traditional and rigorous curriculum has made this school more desirable than surrounding schools. As a public school teacher, I highly encourage you to look at this school for your children.

I have nothing but praise for Good Shepherd Lutheran School. I have been involved with the school for four years, and I have had such a good experience. The teachers and principal are such wonderful people. They are very professional and warm. They make the families feel so welcome. The teachers and principal go the extra mile to make the school such a success. The academics have also exceeded my expectations. With the small class sizes the teachers are able to spend more one on one time so each child is learning to their full capacity. They not only teach about christianity, they are true role models of it. The security of the building is better than in the public school building that my child was in. The principal has put extra security measures into place to keep all students as safe as possible.

My children have attended Good Shepherd for 5 years now and we feel very blessed to have such a great school so close to home. The environment is very positive and the teachers care deeply about their students. We are confident that the school will continue to grow and will continue to educate young minds with the high quality teachers that are in place.

The School has continued to keep the building locked from the outside during school hours. Anyone wanting into the building during school hours must press and buzzer to alert the secretary of their presence and she will let the person in once she has determined it is OK to do so. The Teachers are well educated and most are also working for higher degrees including the Principal

This is now my fourth year at Good Shepherd, and I finally have two of my four children enrolled here and could not be happier to be starting the school year. I feel the leadership is completely headed in the right direction, both by the principal and school board. While nothing can be completely smooth sailing with a newer school, the level of christian guidance and love combined with a curriculum that directly competes with and in most cases surpasses public completely outweighs any small issues that come up. My oldest is a smart, confident, loving child that is ahead academically to boot. The teachers and staff are utterly dedicated to both the success of the school and the children themselves, as are most of the parents, myself included. From day one, my family was made to feel valued and welcome, and I would recommend this school to anyone!

I do not recommend this school based on the poor leadership of the current principal and the lack of security at this school.

Good Shepherd is a blessing. The small class size is very beneficial to the students, and the loving, caring environment shows through with the older students helping the younger ones in everyday activities. The Holy Spirit at work is evident when the students share their faith during the weekly chapels or when they sing during Church on Sunday s. The teachers are loving and kind, and very helpful to the students. The school offers art, Spanish, computers, and music. My experience with Good Shepherd has been positive, it is a young school that needs to grow, but while its growing I know my children are growing academically and spiritually, that is not something you can say about a public school know matter how excellent it s reputation may be.

My daughter is in Kindergarten and also attended Pre-school at Good Shepherd. By attending pre-school and continuing with Kindergarten, my daughter knew the elementary teachers, and some of the students. It was a natural transition. I am pleased that Kindergarten meets every day, in the morning, providing more stability and routine. I am amazed at how much my daughter has learned, not only in reading, math, etc. but in religion as well. Sometimes I feel she knows more Bible stories than I. I couldn't be more pleased. I love how the school has an art and music program. My daughter also enjoys going to the library each week. The little extra's the school does I cannot say enough on - the 'I got caught being kind' stickers make the kids proud; small class size adds to the relationships between each child; field trips; movie nights and more. What a blessing!

Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8