Good Shepherd Lutheran School 4

Posted June 29, 2014
Superb school that has made a push to put themselves on the top tier academically. Great teacher/student ratio combined with a more traditional and rigorous curriculum has made this school more desirable than surrounding schools. As a public school teacher, I highly encourage you to look at this school for your children.

Posted September 12, 2007
I have nothing but praise for Good Shepherd Lutheran School. I have been involved with the school for four years, and I have had such a good experience. The teachers and principal are such wonderful people. They are very professional and warm. They make the families feel so welcome. The teachers and principal go the extra mile to make the school such a success. The academics have also exceeded my expectations. With the small class sizes the teachers are able to spend more one on one time so each child is learning to their full capacity. They not only teach about christianity, they are true role models of it. The security of the building is better than in the public school building that my child was in. The principal has put extra security measures into place to keep all students as safe as possible.

Posted September 12, 2007
My children have attended Good Shepherd for 5 years now and we feel very blessed to have such a great school so close to home. The environment is very positive and the teachers care deeply about their students. We are confident that the school will continue to grow and will continue to educate young minds with the high quality teachers that are in place.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 4

Posted September 11, 2007
- a administrator
The School has continued to keep the building locked from the outside during school hours. Anyone wanting into the building during school hours must press and buzzer to alert the secretary of their presence and she will let the person in once she has determined it is OK to do so. The Teachers are well educated and most are also working for higher degrees including the Principal

Posted September 10, 2007
This is now my fourth year at Good Shepherd, and I finally have two of my four children enrolled here and could not be happier to be starting the school year. I feel the leadership is completely headed in the right direction, both by the principal and school board. While nothing can be completely smooth sailing with a newer school, the level of christian guidance and love combined with a curriculum that directly competes with and in most cases surpasses public completely outweighs any small issues that come up. My oldest is a smart, confident, loving child that is ahead academically to boot. The teachers and staff are utterly dedicated to both the success of the school and the children themselves, as are most of the parents, myself included. From day one, my family was made to feel valued and welcome, and I would recommend this school to anyone!

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 1

Posted September 04, 2007
I do not recommend this school based on the poor leadership of the current principal and the lack of security at this school.

Posted January 15, 2007
Good Shepherd is a blessing. The small class size is very beneficial to the students, and the loving, caring environment shows through with the older students helping the younger ones in everyday activities. The Holy Spirit at work is evident when the students share their faith during the weekly chapels or when they sing during Church on Sunday s. The teachers are loving and kind, and very helpful to the students. The school offers art, Spanish, computers, and music. My experience with Good Shepherd has been positive, it is a young school that needs to grow, but while its growing I know my children are growing academically and spiritually, that is not something you can say about a public school know matter how excellent it s reputation may be.

Posted January 10, 2007
My daughter is in Kindergarten and also attended Pre-school at Good Shepherd. By attending pre-school and continuing with Kindergarten, my daughter knew the elementary teachers, and some of the students. It was a natural transition. I am pleased that Kindergarten meets every day, in the morning, providing more stability and routine. I am amazed at how much my daughter has learned, not only in reading, math, etc. but in religion as well. Sometimes I feel she knows more Bible stories than I. I couldn't be more pleased. I love how the school has an art and music program. My daughter also enjoys going to the library each week. The little extra's the school does I cannot say enough on - the 'I got caught being kind' stickers make the kids proud; small class size adds to the relationships between each child; field trips; movie nights and more. What a blessing!

Posted February 14, 2006
We are immensely pleased with Good Shepherd Lutheran School s environment and atmosphere. Good Shepherd Lutheran School is filled with Christian morality and is ever increasing their academic curriculum. Our daughters have developed healthy relationships with teachers, staff, classmates and classmates parents. We know that our daughters are in a loving and caring environment. We are confident that our children are safe and cared for at Good Shepherd Lutheran School. The peace of mind that our daughters are in an academically sound and spiritually healthy environment is worth more than words can describe. We believe that Good Shepherd Lutheran School is an extension of our Christian values and is positively influencing our daughters.

Posted December 20, 2005
The education my first grader is receiving at Good Shepherd Lutheran has exceeded all my expectations. The children are learning Spanish, music, science, and religion beyond the current standards. There are computers in the classroom for students to use. The children are taught to interact with each other with care and respect. My child has been learning at his level, not the majority level of a public school classroom.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School
1950 South Baldwin Rd, Lake Orion, MI  48360
Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Good Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top