195 students|Cole Academy

Bad
Good

Cole Academy is by far the best elementry school in this area. When we started there in 2007 she was going into the 3rd grade with a reading level at middle 1st grade. My student exceled to reading at end 2nd grade level in 7 months. By the time she went to middle school she was at middle school level. This school (by far) surpasses the elementary public schools in this area. They always put the needs of the students first.

This is one of the best schools in Lansing! The principal, office staff and teachers show a great deal of care and consideration for the children and parents. The school provides a safe and comfortable learning environment. I truly appreciate and enjoy the various events i.e. science fair, spelling bee, etc. which they invite family and friends to see the quality of work the children have done. They also have a great PTA which works to promote parental and community involvement. I definitely rate it a 5!

Best school in Lansing by far!!! My son attended k-5 he is now in 11th grade and my daughter is in 2nd grade here @ Cole and its still a great school. The teachers are caring and willing to go that extra mile, if my child needs an extra hand, which she does time to time, the teaching staff is available to help. She gets sick and is hospitalized alot thru the winter months and the teachers make sure she gets her work and undersatands it. And finally the first person we see when we come in the building is Mrs.Helmick the secretary. She greets everyone with a smile and makes sure my daughter gets her breathing treatments. This is just a few reasons why i rate this school a great 5!!

Although this school has a small student to teacher ratio, I found this school to be technologically handicapped. The children are not engaged in the latest styles of learning. Also the teachers seem to spend a great deal of their time outside of the classroom conversing with other teachers, this was the case no matter the time I dropped in. There is no cafeteria, the children just eat in the gym which is diminutive. The teachers, although nice, seem to pick favorite students and spend a majority of time focusing on their needs and leaving other student to strive for the same attention.

This school is the best. My student attended K-5. I wish this school would add a middle school section. The entire staff truly care about the students at this school. There are no charter schools in the area that compare. Period.

This school is amazing! My daughter has gone there for 2 years. All of her teachers have helped her overcome challenges brought on by ADD. The school is very small, which allows for a really comfortable family atmosphere. The principal knows ALL of the students' and parents' names. They also really like parental involvement. This is unlike some schools in the area. Parents are always welcome at Cole.

I like the people and the teachers are really nice including Ms. Knobluach!

This school is extremely small. Classroom sizes are tiny. There is no library. The technology is not very up to date. A little disppointing compared to the charter school we attend now.

My son is in first grade at Cole Academy. The teacher and parapro are the 'best teachers' I have ever encountered. They genuinely care about the children's sucess. They are constently thinking of things to do to help the children learn.

My child has been attending Cole for 3 years. I love this school! The teachers are very caring and the education is first rate. They provid the education that is at the right level for your child. I asked them to challenge my daughter in reading and math and they responded right away and she is working at almost 2 grade levels above in reading. It's like a private school but free.

Last modified Cole Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.