Posted April 15, 2014
I went to shabazz and one thing I can tell you is that everyone is there for you loves you and treats you like family. The Teachers are wonderful and actually care if you succeed, they teach you and treat you as there own. Principal Dr.Cain is the best, he is like a father to me. I have had so many good memories and fun times at this school, I could have not went to a better school. You do not have to have white polo it is actually a white collared shirt and its only between 6-8 dollars and on fridays they wear a black shirt with Malcolm x on it to repersent how great he is to this school in his remembrance, so no its not 5 days a week its 4 and its not really a problem and less you make it one. Parents should not worry about if the child gets a stain he/she is a child they do art they eat they play outside. Your child does not go to school to look good that's why shabazz has uniform. They go so they can learn something and be someone and shabazz is where its at.

Posted October 24, 2013
this school was the best place that my child could have been enrolled in, I couldn't have chosen the right place if it wasn't for the other parents that I sent there children to this school.

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy 4

Posted August 08, 2010
All of my children go to Shabazz and have since pre school. I love that you can go to the school and sit in on classes. I love the uniform so that there is minimal issue over clothing. They have a lot of after school programming. French for all ages.

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy 2

Posted September 10, 2009
I sent my son to Shabazz for Pre K ,and then again for full day Kindergarten. The bus system is great and was SO convenient when I was on maternity leave with my youngest. I was disappointed at level of professionalism. The focus on heritage and cultural confidence was amazing I must say. Foreign language at such a small age was also great. I would suggest alternative resources to deal with special needs kids with ADHD, Hyperactivity, or Bipolar conditions. Creating possibly a timeout room, or detention, as an alternative location where kids can go when removed from classroom. They opt to call the parents to 'pick up' your child. If you are a Full time working mother, this may become burdensome and stressful at times. The white polo shirts are NOT practical and impossible to keep clean just as other parent mentioned! Honestly, if you want a GOOD, professional, clean, charter school free of cost look at Windemere Park or the new Lansing Charter Academy. I moved my son there and we are ALREADY impressed! They are SO organized and prepared, parents stay totally involved, and the uniforms are khaki pants, and dark blue tops. The only thing is those schools won't pick your child up like Shabazz, however here is a tip: Call Office for Young Children and request a printout of Child Care Providers who do transportation. You can get them to give your child a ride to/from school and after care for one low price. If you get any assistance for child care, that is covered in price as well!

Posted May 14, 2009
It s an excellent school for a diverse community with a wide curriculum for such small children

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy 3

Posted May 13, 2008

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy 1

Posted December 14, 2006
My thing is that the teacher are not think on learning the kids thing they remember thing that they learned in school. And the cost for the white polo shirt is very high because kids are not going to keep white polo cleaned you name one person that can keep white cleaned and the kids should not have to ware white and black 5 days a week.

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy
1028 West Barnes Ave, Lansing, MI  48910
Last modified El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.