Bad
Good

My three children attend this school and we love it here! The students receive a diary that they fill out during the day with concepts they are learning. They also are graphing their test results which helps them to see how they are doing. This school is VERY organized and the leadership is phenomenal. The curriculum is rigorous, but the kids ADORE their teachers. if anyone is looking for a great school...they have found one HERE!

Very unorganized. When something bad happens to my kids, they don't call or even send a note home. Half to the students here last year left. I'm determined to just move out of the area just so I can escape it. Great structure for guidelines but the staff is not trained to even teach the structures. My kids class was pushed back cause the other class was disruptive. So what do they do? Hold back the class till the other catches up. Plus the academic director lied about sending agendas, timelines, testing results, etc. Ahem...sweet! There is no notion as to what your kids are learning that month or term. I had to constantly badger my kids to try to remember what they learned that day. They say our kids have diaries (planners) they write in but last year I can vouch that more than 3 kids said their teacher wouldn't let them bring it home. They say no to textbooks also! This school needs help fast! A parent I know, went on a school trip & even heard some teachers between teachers about how disappointed they were at not finding new jobs. So to say this is the best school, these other parents are lying. Some staff members are nice but overall the school organization is a JOKE!

I am sending a huge thank you too all staff ,director,everyone in mmla of lansing .i am a single mom went thru loss of my father thru christmas ,lost my job after two years and my landlord ,capt mgmt in lansing threw my kids belongings too street ,in pouring snow the whole school and director ,the love caring attitudes took vehicles of their oen kpt all my kids things worked hard too salvage my kids things please commend these wonderful people and wonderful school my kids love them and i believe even though we are located away my kids learned people care and really love ,i have never felt so cared for and loved during my crisis .this school deserved an award for kping hope faith alive ty too u all well love u and do anything for u and we know god can bring us too.a place a peraon etc for a reason for a season ,ee as a family commend the director ,social wkrs ,secetaries etc ,teachers ty we love. Signed aimee forrest and quintana children

Worst school I have ever seen in my life. My five yr old loves school never had a problem with him wanting to go for two yrs now he hates hearing the word. The staff is terrible treat kid's so bad. Left my kids out side while it was dark alone because their ride was late. They get out at 5:15 because of after school program so it's dark now when they get out because of day light savings time. not to mention it was freezing. Told my 13 yr old he is not allowed to check on his younger siblings after school to get them to go home.when he did as he was taught to keep up with them he was told he can not come back to the after school program.

My boys loved going to school. The teacher and staff dedication is immense. the extracurriculars fit perfectly and the art and PE programs are very beneficial. The boys excelled at this school and they thrived academically thanks to strong programs like these.

I would not put a child in this school! All they do there is play inside the classroom or have tons of recess. Anytime I want in there the office staff was on a coffee break all day long. In the classes they watch movies or toss a ball around. My other child was always out at recess. The students also were running in the halls at the end of the day. I am glad my kids are out of there. The principal is hard to reach b/c she is always busy when you try to see her or she never answers the phone. Find a different school

This is a great school... There are smaller class sizes, staff who go over and above, and the students are very respectful and get a good education. The MicroSociety program is AWESOME... the kids love it and learn a lot from the program making real-world connections. Great kids, great staff, GREAT SCHOOL!

I am excited to be a part of this school. It's a small, neighborhood school that has a 'family' atmosphere. NOT the same school is was 5 years ago!!! Check it out for yourself!

I chose Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy for a number of reasons. First, they have highly qualified teachers and up-to-date curriculums and pacing guidlines. They are also the only MicroSociety school in the Lansing Area. The MicroSociety is a fantastic program that gives kids hands on, real life applications for what they are learning in the classroom. Both of my children have done well both academically and behaviorally at Mid-Michigan. The smaller class sizes allow them to get more one on one attention and there is less distraction and noise.

My son has attended MMLA for 4 years - K-3rd grade. He has done well and all of his teachers have been excellent. The Micro Society program - a program that, like the name suggests, allows the students to participate in a micro-society - with jobs, government, etc. - is an awesome program. When considering test scores, which have been great for my son, it is important to know that those scores reflect the learning of kids from their previous grade - and near 1/2 of those students came from attending a different school the previous year. Returning students in each year have performed very well at MMLA. I recommend this school highly.

Last modified Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.