Bad
Good

Posted January 25, 2012
A different perspective; I worked at Beekman Center back in the late 80 s, though you could not call it work , there is no job that rewards you so much every minute of every day like being there as a Teacher s Aide and caring for these children! Those special kids brought so much joy into my life I cannot explain, and did it for all those that I worked with, so much that the atmosphere was always strongly positive and emotionally invigorating. No matter if you awoke one day not feeling your best, 5 minutes looking at the face of those kids so happy and enlighten to see you and you were now on top of the world for the rest of the day! The teachers there had to be the best moms I ever knew, so much ability to care for such a diverse group of children, they were inspirations to be around. Being there has given me so much of an education that all people are special, especially these children, and I am so thankful to have had that opportunity, they touched my life in such a positive way, I just hope I touched theirs as much!

Posted January 30, 2009
My son has gone to Beekman 2 different times over the years, and has spent many wonderful years there - living and learning. He has always felt comfortable there, and grew to love the staff. He made the decision to return there after going to Eastern HS for 3 1/2 years. I believe it was because he was treated fairly and was challenged daily on his future goals. I would definitely recommend Beekman to anyone who feels their child needs a center program. My son has grown tremendously with the help of the staff at Beekman.

Posted September 18, 2006
I have two children who are attending Beekman Center. I can honestly say that the teachers and the rest of the staff are the best and most caring I have ever met. My son and my daughter have both had Ms. Leigh now. She has been in our lives for the past 6 years. An amazing woman. When I speak to other parents with special needs children I always tell them about Beekman Center and all of it's great programs.

Posted January 10, 2006
My son attended school at Beekman Center last year, 2005. He was in teacher Sarah's class. This school is very parent friendly. I was afraid of letting my son be away from me, especially with having five surgeries before the age of two and being my miracle son, it really scared me to be away from him. But Sarah worked with me, and made me feel comfortable with the situation. My son made great progress, Sparrow said that he would never walk and Beekman Center helped accomplish this task of him walking, and they always keep you up to date on what is going on with your child. I would suggest this school to any parent with a special needs child. It is awsome.

Beekman Center