Windemere Park Charter Academy 1

Posted November 05, 2013
Don't' be fooled by this school. Since the last principal left it's gone down hill and fast! In a nutshell, they need new administration as well as some new teacher's. Several great teacher left at the beginning of this year. It makes you wonder what's wrong, when the best teacher at the school leaves. As well as, when they send a flyer home every week saying they will pay you $25.00 for every referral you send their way. This school used to sell itself. There was a lottery and it took months to get in. This obviously is no longer the case. It's sad because it used to be a great school. Luckily, we will soon be in another school.

Posted September 26, 2013
I pulled my children out of Mid-Michigan Sabis after two day due to major behavior problems by students and unprofessional staff. I LOVE the professionalism and well behaved children at Windermere Park.

Windemere Park Charter Academy 3

Posted May 16, 2013
My son has attended NHA-WPCA since Fall 2006 as a first grade student. His formal academic inception began in Lansing School District where he was evaluated for speech and developmental services prior to 3 years of age. His cognitive and speech needs were identified and referred to a site to receive developmental services. The speech pathologist was absent most of the year. After experiencing an additional disappointing year in the developmental program, I advocated for my child to be promoted to Kindergarten so he could at least be challenged. His education team promoted him to 1st grade and referred us to another district elementary school with a focus on reading on writing. The next year my son was subject to a militant teacher that was not sensitive or able to meet his academic needs because of a classroom full of behavior-challenged students. Finally we joined WPCA where his 1, 2/4 grade teachers and IEP team were OUTSTANDING and instrumental to his growth. In 3rd and 5th grades we again dealt with staff changes in key resource areas at WPCA. His progress has now declined at WPCA in 6 grade. I will continue to monitor, evaluate and update regarding his progress.

Posted November 15, 2011
My daughter has attended Windemere since Kindergarten and she is now in the third grade. Our experience has been wonderful. The teaching style, curriculum, and current technology are also an asset to the excellent educational environment. The teachers, administrators, and staff are friendly and dedicated to help students succeed.

Posted August 28, 2011
We have been at this school for going on 8 years and drive 40 minutes to get our children to the best school in the area hands down. We wouldn't take them anywhere else. The safe, secure environment is comforting to us as parents, our kids are challenged, and are taught morals and values that are modeled by the teachers. You should take the time to check it out!!

Posted July 12, 2011
great school! my daughter has been at wpca for 4 yrs and we love it. my son did young 5's this year and by the end of the year he has a head start on kindergarten for next year. nice to walk in the school and everyone knows who you are which child belongs to you. a very family feeling!

Posted July 11, 2011
We have been part of the WPCA family now for 8 years and have been very pleased. It has been a great alternative to sending my children to LPS. I love the family friendly atmosphere and the fact that I am encouraged to be involved in my childrens classrooms. Thank you to all the staff and volunteers that work so hard everyday to make a wonderful enviroment for our children to learn.

Posted May 21, 2011
WPCA is AMAZING! We are so lucky to have a school that holds high moral character as a standard. I love how they hold parents and students accountable for their actions. This is not very common in a public school now adays! My daughter has done wonderful there and my son will be starting there in the fall. He is super excited to go to Kindergarten.

Posted May 18, 2011
We can't say enough great things about WPCA! We love it. The standard of education, quality of the staff, and parent involvement are unparalleled in this area. We've been at the school for two years and intend to spend the next decade in partnership with WPCA as we send each of our children through. We'd love to see an NHA high school in Lansing!

Posted April 21, 2011
Our family has been a part of this school for almost for years now, and we love it. I pick my girls up every day, and their is a teacher or staff person - the same people every day - that personally brings my kids out to my van, puts them in, shuts the door, and proceeds with the next car. The principal, as well as many teachers and staff, are outside making sure that kids get safely to their car, that no kids are in the parking lot, and that parents are parking safely to pick up their kids. If you are a parent that has an idea of what goes on at the school, you would know that there is a school board at WPCA, a principal that has monthy meetings so parents can ask questions and be informed of what is going on at the school, and a DSQ (Director of School Quality) which we just had a meeting with him in the fall, as well as NHA to be held accountable.The principal is also accessible if you have a concern or problem - and that would be who you would go to first on the chain of command. No school is perfect, but I have gotten to know the staff and parents at this school and they have created a safe environment for the kids to learn and grow. We love it here!

Windemere Park Charter Academy
3100 West Saginaw Street, Lansing, MI  48917
Last modified Windemere Park Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windemere Park Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top