Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

they do not help children with learning disabilities I asked for her to be tested and they refused ask for her extra help and they refused only thing they did was take her out the first grade and put her back to kindergarten to she age out didn't even inform me they took her out the first great until I went to pick her up found out she was in kindergarten there was never a solid plan to help her get caught up her teacher ms kack told she's her she is not her problem anymore I passed you off to the kindergarten teacher tell her help catching you up how do I teach you just give up on a Student try talking to the principal she can do whatever she want don't have to inform me that's my child I would like to know what you have planned for her how you plan to educated My Child didn't even include me in no point they handed me a paper to transfer

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the teachers are very nice they work hard to educate the students they accually care about us

Amount of homework: Disagree

i get like 2 hours of homework each day they go overboard on the homework

I removed my child from this school. There were 13 (yes - thirteen) children in his class who routinely got into trouble and disrupted the class each day. The whole class then lost privileges, such as going to the library and recess. A lot of the parents care just enough to get their kids out of the Lansing School District into Windemere Park. They don't care enough to make sure they address their behavioral issues.

Don't' be fooled by this school. Since the last principal left it's gone down hill and fast! In a nutshell, they need new administration as well as some new teacher's. Several great teacher left at the beginning of this year. It makes you wonder what's wrong, when the best teacher at the school leaves. As well as, when they send a flyer home every week saying they will pay you $25.00 for every referral you send their way. This school used to sell itself. There was a lottery and it took months to get in. This obviously is no longer the case. It's sad because it used to be a great school. Luckily, we will soon be in another school.

I pulled my children out of Mid-Michigan Sabis after two day due to major behavior problems by students and unprofessional staff. I LOVE the professionalism and well behaved children at Windermere Park.

My son has attended NHA-WPCA since Fall 2006 as a first grade student. His formal academic inception began in Lansing School District where he was evaluated for speech and developmental services prior to 3 years of age. His cognitive and speech needs were identified and referred to a site to receive developmental services. The speech pathologist was absent most of the year. After experiencing an additional disappointing year in the developmental program, I advocated for my child to be promoted to Kindergarten so he could at least be challenged. His education team promoted him to 1st grade and referred us to another district elementary school with a focus on reading on writing. The next year my son was subject to a militant teacher that was not sensitive or able to meet his academic needs because of a classroom full of behavior-challenged students. Finally we joined WPCA where his 1, 2/4 grade teachers and IEP team were OUTSTANDING and instrumental to his growth. In 3rd and 5th grades we again dealt with staff changes in key resource areas at WPCA. His progress has now declined at WPCA in 6 grade. I will continue to monitor, evaluate and update regarding his progress.

My daughter has attended Windemere since Kindergarten and she is now in the third grade. Our experience has been wonderful. The teaching style, curriculum, and current technology are also an asset to the excellent educational environment. The teachers, administrators, and staff are friendly and dedicated to help students succeed.

We have been at this school for going on 8 years and drive 40 minutes to get our children to the best school in the area hands down. We wouldn't take them anywhere else. The safe, secure environment is comforting to us as parents, our kids are challenged, and are taught morals and values that are modeled by the teachers. You should take the time to check it out!!

great school! my daughter has been at wpca for 4 yrs and we love it. my son did young 5's this year and by the end of the year he has a head start on kindergarten for next year. nice to walk in the school and everyone knows who you are which child belongs to you. a very family feeling!

Last modified Windemere Park Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.