Lansing, MI
Students enrolled: 1,730

Posted June 25, 2015
I am a 7th grader at eastern honestly at the beginning of the year I was scared but now I am just fine because I feel safe from the high schoolers in our own 7th 8th grade hallway. The teachers are great The staff is breathing always having a positive attitude about just about everything. Most teachers stay after school to give extra help to students. I just love eastern high school and am a big fan. GOOD WORK QUUAAAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eastern High School 4

Posted May 28, 2014
Came from small Catholic school. Eastern has a lot to offer for an inner city school. 2+2+2 program a Godsend. The AP/IB program includes a diverse cirriculum. There are several languages taught, a wide variety of electives available and a diverse group if people who seem to get along.

Eastern High School 4

Posted December 12, 2013
I think Eastern is a great school has a mix of all different nationalities and it's great for kids to get exposure to different ways of life.

Eastern High School 5

Posted December 16, 2010
I go to Eastern and i love it! the teachers are really motivated and commited, we have great classes to choose from, and the IB program is great. Don't listen to all the horrible completely untrrue rumors. One of the nicest things about Eastern is you dont have to worry about "fitting in" as long as you have a positive attitude, you'll do just fine!

Eastern High School

Posted November 11, 2008
I currently attend Eastern and I love it!! I don't care what anybody else says! The only thing that I don't like is those kids who just want to come to school just to play around.

Posted June 02, 2006
Eastern is striving to make academic gains. The honors classes are great. For an inner city school, it is the best in my opinion of all the Lansing schools. The arts program is seriously lacking though.

Posted August 12, 2005
Like any good institution, you receive maximum output with maximum input. Staff is extremely helpful toward students who show commitment, promise, and INITIATIVE. The environment is very diverse, but honors classes are very segregated from the rest of the community. Extra-curriculars either revolve around community service groups (largely white), or ethnic-pride groups (which white students avoid). The sports program is adequate, and the drama productions are the best in the city, especially given limited resources. Coming from a catholic school with a graduating class of 9, Eastern was a huge culture shock, but rewarding all the same. It is not a sheltered environment, but offers the opportunity for any student to shine with the right attitude and commitment. Parental involvement is sparse at best, nonexistant at worst. Eastern is very weak in this regard, but then again, many students are from low-lower middle class families and have working parents. Principal leadership has declined dramatically.

Eastern High School 5

Posted October 17, 2004
Eastern Is A great school, even though its always on Tv or in the news. Eastern has the learning tools as well as listening smart teachers. I really enjoyed Eastern While I was attending there which was last year.

Eastern High School 2

Posted August 31, 2004
I graduated from Eastern in '99. Eastern is extremely diverse, and they have a great variety of classes to take. I took mostly honors and AP classes, however I still skipped class quite a bit and breesed through the classes with an overall 3.5 GPA. The classes were dummied down, so that more kids would take the higher classes. You can aquire a good education at Eastern High School, however you have to want to learn more than you want to slack off and skip class. Eastern prepared me adequately well for college.

Eastern High School 2

Posted May 31, 2004
Eastern is indeed very diverse, but it is also a zoo. Kids destroy new things(repainted bathrooms, artwork, etc) as fast as it is put up. It is difficult to get anything taught in a class that isn't specifically honors, which is very frustrating since most high school classes are aranged by level, not age or work ethic (i.e. seniors in a normally sophomore level class who don't want to be there as opposed to all sophomores in an honors class where everyone wants to participate). I find it a very upsetting place sometimes. We have some excellent teachers, but many will be leaving soon.

Eastern High School
220 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Lansing, MI  48912
Last modified Eastern High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top