Lansing, MI
After care: No

Posted June 13, 2015
Our daughter attended Forest View for their great start readiness program. The teachers were wonderful, knowledgeable, and truly love their jobs.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is a safe place for student learning. The staff works collaboratively to meet the needs of all students. I like that the staff works hard make connections and build relationships with all students. We value each child's ability and work to meet their needs. I also like that the students at this school know that their teachers care for them and are known by other teachers and staff in the building. The school secretary is helpful and welcoming to the building.The principal listens to concerns and input from parents, staff and community members to help make informed decisions about our school. There have been many great changes over the past few years at Forest View. I am proud to work in the Lansing School District at Forest View!

Posted April 07, 2014
I am a proud teacher at Forest View. Our staff has an excellent working relationship and I know I can count on any staff member for help and support. At Forest View we truly believe "it takes a village." From the principal to teachers and support staff, we believe every student is ours, collectively and we work together to help each child develop academically and emotionally.

Posted February 17, 2014
The staff at Forest View has been an inspiration to my whole family. The support my family has received has been amazing. If a problem arises, the staff work together to resolve the issue at hand quickly and respectfully. My child is nourished more then I expected in and out of the classroom, through after school activities and family fun nights. This school participates in character counts where the children learn valuable lessons in responsibility, trustworthiness, respect, citizenship and caring. I am a proud Forest View Elementary parent!

Posted February 10, 2014
Forest View has a staff that goes above and beyond for all students. The staff develops relationships with families and helps students improve both academically and socially. The character Counts program teaches students to be respectful, responsible and caring to each other. Students love to come to school at Forest View!

Posted April 15, 2011
Let me first state that I can walk into this school freely and walk down the halls largely left alone and right into my kids classroom. No teacher stops me, not staff questions my intent... nothing. Not that I would ever dream of harming a child in any manner but I do present an imposing image with my size. The notion of not so much as a teacher stopping me is enough to make me wonder who else can do it. I am pleased with my 2 boys and their significant improvements over the year there. But I am concerned with the overall lack of supervision in the cafeteria, class rooms and the playground. Almost daily I have to listen to my boys tell me about some kid in one of those mentioned places hitting, kicking or otherwise touching in a bully sort of manner on my boys or other kids. When I mention this to the teachers and the principle I am waved off and told actually 'There is not much we can do here...' And they actually asked why my kids will not be attending that school next year aside from the move... I send my kids to school to learn not get picked on and in trouble when they retaliate.

Posted November 03, 2009
They are so good at treating my daughter with respect and dedication!

Posted March 09, 2009
Lansing schools are a wreck!My daughter has ad/hd and ocd,and needs supervision. Forest View lacks at supervision of children before and after school. As well as on the playground. I can not tell you how many times i have been called by teachers to report nit picky issues about my daughter! When i called the principal about my concerns I never recieved a call back! Twice!I woudn't recomend this school. However,there are SOME good teachers in this school yet,the other issues out wiegh that. I will see about switching schools.

Posted March 07, 2009
This was a good school when we moved to lansing 3 yrs ago. Since Dr. Turpin left it just isn't the same. Huge problems with unsupervised kids, bullying, etc...some excellent teachers are there but it doesn't make up for what lacks administratively.

Posted March 06, 2009
Up until last year when the new principal took over, Forest View was a great school. The previous principal had a handle on the kids and knew the parents that came in to volunteer. My children were safe there, now it is a different story. Since the new principal has taken over the saftey of children in Forest View has gone down hill and the administration's answer is always, 'It's not my fault.' On the other hand, the teachers at Forest View are wonderful. I have not had any problems with the teachers that my children have had at the school. Hiring a new principal would make this school the best.

3119 Stoneleigh Drive, Lansing, MI  48910