Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The princible has lie about not wanting my son who has a disability there does not want to work with him at all I have gotten phone calls every day it's sad that act like it was to much for them. I moved in the area and my kids are not use to Spanish but yea this is their home school it's sad how bad Lansing school has become

My son is currently in kindergarten at Averill. We toured many schools in the Lansing School District, and could not be happier that we choose Averill. The principal and staff are all wonderful, dedicated professionals. They create an amazing community for the children and parents. We are extremely happy with the 50/50 Spanish immersion model. It is exciting to see my son learning to read, not only in English, but also in Spanish. When he was struggling with letter recognition, his teachers immediately noticed and signed him up to receive additional instruction from a instructional aide. The aid has done wonders for him, and he caught up quickly to his peers. We have also been very happy with the before/after school care provided by the local YMCA. The PTA is active and they coordinate lots of great events for the children and families. I am excited to watch this wonderful school grow and my son grow with it.

Averill is a great Spanish Immersion School. The teachers are very qualified and very caring. The principal is great. You really cannot put a value on being bilingual. The test scores don't show that value & the benefits of dual language education are really not seen until much later on. This type of dual language education is often only for the rich. I am glad that my kids have that same opportunity. I choose to go to Averill as it is not in my assigned area & would take a diverse learning environment and Spanish immersion over any East Lansing or Okemos school any day. Can't put a price on that in today's world. Also, the teachers are very open to talking about any issues you are concerned about & even offering suggestions. One of the teachers when I told her about a concern in Math said well it is my job to assist in the learning and I am going to work on this and get more informed on how I can better address the issue!

We love Averill school. The teachers are terrific and there are all sorts of after school enrichment activities as well. Both the Spanish immersion program and the regular program are wonderful.

Great Spanish Immersion Program. My kids really enjoy it there. I have a daughter is 3rd grade and one that will begin pre-school next year and i am very excited about all of the opportunities for them.

I have two children currently at Averill and one who graduated from there last year. The school has been great the teachers really care and if there is ever an issue it usually gets resolved promptly. My daughter is still excelling at her new middle school so I know the education she received from Averill was top notch.

I have had a great experience with Averill. The teachers are awesome! The spanish program is an asset to the Lansing schools and the students in the program.

My son is in Kindergarten at Averill Elementary. He is in the Spanish Immersion Program that the school offers. The school staff members involved in the program are very passionate about offering their students a language immersion experience. My son is excited about learning all content areas and enjoys his classmates. The school community actively participates in city sport recreational leagues which helps to build community.

I have a daughter in the Spanish Immersion program at Averill. She is currently in the 1st grade. She has been in the program since pre-k. We absolutely LOVE this program. My daughter is reading in English and Spanish. All her teachers are very dedicated and truly care about the kids. I appreciate that fact that the staff is accessible and encourages parental involvement

My daughter is in the Spanish Immersion program here. She started the program in their preschool and now she is almost done with Kindergarden. I have to say that I am amazed and the amount of information the kids are learning and retaining. They are learning the skills they need to open doors for them in the future. This program works if you are an active parent who works with your child at home on the English language. I can say that my daughter can read just as much in Spanish as she can in English. I love this program and the opportunities she will have because of it. Also, Sra. Hernandez & Mrs. B are amazing teachers!

Last modified Forrest G. Averill School is a Public school that serves grades K-4