Posted March 20, 2014
Averill is a great Spanish Immersion School. The teachers are very qualified and very caring. The principal is great. You really cannot put a value on being bilingual. The test scores don't show that value & the benefits of dual language education are really not seen until much later on. This type of dual language education is often only for the rich. I am glad that my kids have that same opportunity. I choose to go to Averill as it is not in my assigned area & would take a diverse learning environment and Spanish immersion over any East Lansing or Okemos school any day. Can't put a price on that in today's world. Also, the teachers are very open to talking about any issues you are concerned about & even offering suggestions. One of the teachers when I told her about a concern in Math said well it is my job to assist in the learning and I am going to work on this and get more informed on how I can better address the issue!

Posted February 16, 2012
We love Averill school. The teachers are terrific and there are all sorts of after school enrichment activities as well. Both the Spanish immersion program and the regular program are wonderful.

Posted June 07, 2011
Great Spanish Immersion Program. My kids really enjoy it there. I have a daughter is 3rd grade and one that will begin pre-school next year and i am very excited about all of the opportunities for them.

Posted May 25, 2011
I have two children currently at Averill and one who graduated from there last year. The school has been great the teachers really care and if there is ever an issue it usually gets resolved promptly. My daughter is still excelling at her new middle school so I know the education she received from Averill was top notch.

Posted May 25, 2011
I have had a great experience with Averill. The teachers are awesome! The spanish program is an asset to the Lansing schools and the students in the program.

Posted May 19, 2011
My son is in Kindergarten at Averill Elementary. He is in the Spanish Immersion Program that the school offers. The school staff members involved in the program are very passionate about offering their students a language immersion experience. My son is excited about learning all content areas and enjoys his classmates. The school community actively participates in city sport recreational leagues which helps to build community.

Posted May 19, 2011
I have a daughter in the Spanish Immersion program at Averill. She is currently in the 1st grade. She has been in the program since pre-k. We absolutely LOVE this program. My daughter is reading in English and Spanish. All her teachers are very dedicated and truly care about the kids. I appreciate that fact that the staff is accessible and encourages parental involvement

Posted May 10, 2011
My daughter is in the Spanish Immersion program here. She started the program in their preschool and now she is almost done with Kindergarden. I have to say that I am amazed and the amount of information the kids are learning and retaining. They are learning the skills they need to open doors for them in the future. This program works if you are an active parent who works with your child at home on the English language. I can say that my daughter can read just as much in Spanish as she can in English. I love this program and the opportunities she will have because of it. Also, Sra. Hernandez & Mrs. B are amazing teachers!

Forrest G. Averill School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
The staff at Averill Elementary work with some difficult children, who are facing tough battles in their young lives. They respond with love, patience, and structure. I can't say enough about the wonderful education that I received learning how to be a teacher with the staff at Averill Elementary. My deepest gratitude.

Forrest G. Averill School 3

Posted March 03, 2009
We have a daughter in Ms. Miller's kindergarten class. She is a great teacher and person (even for a Spartan fan). Not only has she done a wonderful job teaching our daughter, she genuinely cares and loves the kids. It's been a joy watching and helping our daughter learn as well as getting to know Ms. Miller. I' give Ms. Miller 5 stars (Thanks Teach)and the school as a whole 3 stars as it does lack encouragement for more parent involvement, at least for the kindergarten level.

Forrest G. Averill School
3201 Averill Drive, Lansing, MI  48911
Last modified Forrest G. Averill School is a Public school that serves grades K-4
Forrest G. Averill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top