Lansing, MI

Kendon School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
My son went to this school for Kindergarten, then came back as a second grader. I was in love with this school then. The office staff and teachers were amazing. Now, I'm figuring out ways to transfer him into another school, even if it means driving out of my way. The secretary is probably the rudest and most unorganized person I have ever met. The teachers don't seem to care at all about what's going on with the kids. Being disappointed is an understatement. Failing.

Kendon School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten here a year ago and is going back to first grade this year. This school is amazing with parent teacher involvement. The principals door is always open if you have any questions or concerns it is easy to go in and talk with Mrs. Keaton. The teachers all care about their students and how they are doing if your child is struggling with something they let you know and give ideas to help them. I am very happy with Kendon and their teachers!

Kendon School 1

Posted May 27, 2013
This school is in all honesty the worst school I have seen. I have done some work as a college student in different schools and then as I child myself I changed elementary schools often. I however am appalled at this school and its lack of organization and the head of organization would be the secretary and the principal. This school needs more Secretaries because one very unhelpful one is not enough for all the staff and all the students to function as a whole. I have heard from several parents how this school was excellent before the new principal but no one warned me on how the secretary is also the main brake of this chain. A school in my opinion is about team work and even if the teachers are trying so hard they cant get very far if the principal and the secretary are not on the same level.They over see many things. I am shocked they don't call you when your child is sick and then say they just didn't notice? There website is well not the most accurate and the relationship between parent and school is non existent. My son is ready to start Kindergarten and I rather pay for him to go to another school and we are lucky my daughter starts another school in the fall!

Posted January 27, 2011
My 16 yr old started Kendon in 2nd grade, she is now in High school. My other daughter went from k-5th, she is now in 7th and my youngest is still there in 5th grade, she went from k- still there..I think is a great school, we picked this school as our school of choice..There is another nearby elementary within 2 blocks, but I chose to keep them at Kendon..

Kendon School 2

Posted September 22, 2009
Last year Kendon updated their website once; can't seem to locate the website this year. They never activated Edline login for parents, although it showed on their website for two years. Student drop-off and pick-up is a nightmare. Many parents aren't principled drivers as they tend to drive fast, park the wrong way on Kendon Ave, and block the main right-of-way while waiting for their kids. Seems like the school, as well as the Lansing School District, is in disarray. On the plus side, Kendon has great teachers and a superior curriculum. It's a shame the above mentioned negatives overshadow the positives.

Kendon School 2

Posted June 02, 2009
I like Kendon, but I do not like the lack of diversity at the school. I've been to different Kendon school concerts and all of the songs they sung were originally written and performed by African Americans. Why is there not any Hispanic, Asian, Native American or other music taught to these kids? How are the kids supposed to appreciate all cultures when the school doesnt seem to? The school needs to quit with their agenda and diversify.

Posted June 01, 2009
Yes, Mrs. Keldsen is the best kindergarten teacher I could ask for but she may be moving to another school next year due to not enough kindergarteners.

Posted March 26, 2009
I have a son who's in kindergarten at Kendon. His teacher, Mrs. Keldsen is amazing. The curriculum and instructional methods Mrs. Keldsen utilize in her classroom are outstanding. My son is so excited about getting to school everyday. Mrs. Rusesky, the pricinpal is always available for her students and their parents. If you are interested in your child receiving a quality educational experience you should consider Kendon elementary K-5th.

Posted February 04, 2009
My daughter attended Kendon K-5th and i am very pleased. The curriculum is amazing. Mrs. Rusesky, the principal, is very involved with the children and their activities. She is warm to both the students and the parents and is very dedicated. There is an on sight before and after care program provided by the YMCA, girl scouts, cub scouts and a 5th grade basketball team. They hold several music concerts each year and pack the house each time! I would recommend this school to anyone wanting a caring environment for their child in the K-5 years.

Kendon School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
My step son attends Kendon and my husband and I have tried to get them to return our calls since the year stated. We've left msg after msg regarding our request to be involved. We'd like to get copies of his report cards, get notification of conferences and other events. We'd love to participate but they will not communicate with us. His mother has moved him to a different school each year and so far Kendon is the only one to not communicate with us. How very odd, espically with how common it is for children to have two households these days.

Kendon School