Lansing, MI

Posted October 15, 2014
We absolutely LOVE Lyons Elementary! The Principal Mr. Baker is AWESOME! He makes every attempt to know all the kids & parents by name, and is involved in anything/everything at the school. The staff ALL take pride in their classrooms and students! Mr. Chase, Mrs. Conn, are two of the BEST teachers we've personally had the experience working with. I can't say enough good things about this school. So thankful for their dedication to our kids.

Posted June 25, 2010
I love this school! Everyone seems to know me and care about the kids. Some people drive from the suburbs just to come to the kindergarten with Mrs. Shockey and Mr. Chase. These teachers work really hard with the kids and have a good time doing it.

Lyons School 0

Posted June 10, 2009
If you can only get your kids to come to Lyons for 2 years, do it!! We are sad to leave such a great place. Mr. Forsthofel, Mrs. White, Miss. Hoisington, Mr. Storm (scary but worth it :) Ms. Trumble, Mrs. Jones, Mr. Chase, Mrs. Brundage, Miss Bingle. Thank you and we will miss you!

Posted May 19, 2009
My daughter is in 3rd grade and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the staff!!!

Posted May 14, 2009

Posted January 11, 2009
I agree with previous comments that Lyons is a school with a family atmosphere. My son is currently enrolled and I have nothing but good things to say. As a parent who loves to volunteer I have been welcomed with open arms. Their attention and focus on a no bullying policy is tremendous!

Posted June 03, 2008
My boys attended Lyons School when they were little. Now their children go there. I have always loved that school. Keep up the good work.

Posted April 22, 2008

Posted December 01, 2005
- a former student
Lyons Avenue is a first class elementary school. It is the finest in Lansing. It has a top flight dedicated staff of educators. They more than bend over to help students, regardless of whether or not they are in their class. Bravo to everyone there. This is a Family school where everyone is welcome and cares about children.

Posted November 24, 2004
I love this school! The entire staff is awesome! At this school, the principal, teachers, and support staff know each child by name. Teachers are highly proficient and encourage parental involvement. Family members are greatly encouraged to participate in all activites as often as they like. Parents aren't made to feel as if they're in the way at this school! The principal, teachers, and support staff are very insightful and truly bring out the best in all their students. Not only did my daughter learn reading, writing, and arithmetic; she also learned to respect herself and others. Thanks to Lyons for putting the children's needs first and making school a fun and safe place to be.

Lyons School