Lansing, MI

Posted May 16, 2014
Both of of my darlings attend MCH. It is fantastic! Each child had grown positively in completely different ways. They are surrounded by love, interest and guidance.

Posted January 16, 2013
I love this school. My 8 yo son and my 4 yo daughter attend MCH. Their teachers have been warm, attentive, and nurturing. There are lots of opportunities for parent involvement if you like. I would highly recommend this school for other parents.

Montessori Childrens House 2

Posted August 13, 2011
My three year old was a student in the primary class. We had recently moved to Michigan and he was still adjusting to the change. He wanted to bring his "blankie" to school and the teachers/administrators did not approve. They were also concerned about his preference to choose bead work as the first activity every morning. The teacher wanted him to choose something else. When I asked if he was disturbing others, she replied that he was not, and that he would wait quietly and observe the other child. the They suggested he suffered from a Sensory Processing Disorder after a mere two months in the school. As a former teacher and PhD student in Education at Michigan State University I knew this was an inaccurate diagnosis. Furthermore, the teachers and administrator have no training to make such a diagnosis, nor do should they make those claims. We changed schools immediately and he began attending another local Montessori school. In addition our pediatrician found no evidence for a Sensory Processing Disorder. Beware of schools that want to diagnose children with disorders! He is excelling at his new school. The primary teacher was unkind and made our child feel unwelcome.

Posted February 28, 2011
So pleased that I found this school. My son has gone there for 2 years, loves it and so do I.

Posted November 22, 2009

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted September 09, 2008
Attending this school has been a wonderful experience for my child and our family. It is truly a community where the administrators and teachers care and teach to each individual student.

Posted June 21, 2006
This is a wonderful school! The parental involvement is very high at this school which is one of the reasons we chose this over the other 2 Montessori schools in this area. They handle food allergies well and the teachers are all very experienced and have been teaching for a long time. My son's teacher has been there 30 years. I think the thing that makes this school extra special is that there are two administrators who have been there since the beginning. The academics are great. I have known many children who have had a successful time at the school. Montessori Children's House is worth driving out of your way. People come from all over the Lansing area.

Montessori Childrens House
2100 W Saint Joseph St, Lansing, MI  48915
Last modified Montessori Childrens House is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori Childrens House Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top