Lansing, MI

New Covenant Christian School 1

Posted January 01, 2013
This is not a good school. They do not understand the high school requirements for Michigan. I would not risk it.

Posted October 09, 2012
Overall, New Covenant gave my child the foundation to succeed in life. She attended for three years, and was reading Dr. Seuss books by the end of Kindergarten! The downside is that if you have not been a MEMBER of this school for years and years, you will be treated as an outsider, and your child will not be chosen for any leading roles in productions. My daughter begged for the lead in 1st and 2nd grade, but it always came down to long-time members' children being chosen. Parents will not be friendly to you--they act mysterious and like they share a secret between them--downright spooky.

Posted August 06, 2011
I have seen schools that I would want my children to attend and schools that I would not. Recently, I celebrated the graduation of my first child to attend NCCS. Through the years that we had the opportunity to attend there, I was sure that we had made a good decision to send our children there. Each child is an individual that teachers take the time to invest in everyday. Every school has problems and none are perfect, but I choose this school for my children because they are the best that I can find.

Posted July 22, 2011
A school that has helped lay a strong foundation for me for the rest of my life. While New Covenant has had its trials and tribulations, they have always been able to to get through the struggles. While the sciences have not been the strongest, New Covenant is on the right track, always trying to better itself for the good of the students. But, on the other hand, the Theology, English, and History classes are all very good and could challenge college courses. Most importantly though, New Covenant has helped developed me as a person and as a Christian. They have helped me create a strong foundation for the rest of my life and the teachers have helped me persevere through MY trials, both academic and personal. I love this school, I went to this school, and I pray for the best of this school. New Covenant may not be the best choice for everyone, but it was a great choice for me.

Posted July 02, 2011
We at New Covenant should appreciate what we have: 1) a very energetic, intelligent and visionary principal, 2) dedicated and hardworking teachers including many with Master degrees, and 3) a talented Board of Trustees who provide independent oversight. Our strong desire is the win the applause of God by serving the students with all we have. During the last couple of years we have placed each student in learning tracks according to their abilities so each one achieves competency in each subject and all are academically challenged. We have also corrected our finances, now operating without debt. New Covenant is all about caring for our students, encouraging them to grow in leadership, preparing them for college and showing them, by personal example of the staff, how to serve the Lord. As a parent of four children who have been attending this school for the past nineteen years, I know I am leaving a spiritual legacy that will work through future generations. By parenting well, encouraging our teachers, praying for the school and volunteering in our areas of skill we can continue to improve our school.

Posted June 23, 2011
It would be rare to find a school that knows and cares for each child individually as well as NCCS does. I went to a public high school where the teachers did not even know my name. This is such a better environment. NCCS does a very good job educating students and equipping them for college and life. There are lots of opportunities for students to do public speaking in a "safe" environment as well as opportunities to be on the student worship team,etc. As far as growing children's character and their spiritual walk, NCCS seems to do that better than anywhere else I've seen. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 15, 2011
As current Senior Pastor of its sponsoring church, and founding superintendent of New Covenant Christian School, it would be extremely helpful in all respects if those individuals expressing the pain of their strong feelings, offenses, and summary judgments in their recent posts on this site would bring their detailed specific grievances to me in person and/or in "non-anonymous" written form. I assure one and all that you will not be minimized as long as there is a mutually sincere commitment to face to face biblical conflict resolution and "preserving the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace". Jesus died and rose again so we humans who are definitely not deserving His love or forgiveness could be reconciled with our altogether righteous Heavenly Father and one another! We acknowledge and honor that foundational fact when we keep on striving to walk in that reconciliation. Pastor Fred McGlone

Posted June 13, 2011
Changes at NCCS always come with new challenges. As "the way things have always been done," being amended, comes the challenge of figuring out what new things look like. Some parents are good with that, others, not so. I believe that it takes time to really assess how well something will work including the significant changes that have taken place at NCCS. The staff that I have had the chance to interact with seem very dedicated and caring. The principal listened to my concerns relating to our student there and tried to offer help where needed. Over all it has been a pretty good year for our student there.

New Covenant Christian School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
The new administration at this school is chasing families and students away. The claim of 133 students is not accurate. The once-known philosophy of the school being an extension of the family is no longer evident. The school is trying to put itself above the family so that the family is now an extension controlled by the school. Beware if you come into disagreement with administration--you and your students will pay the price with continual badgering and microscopic examination. We feel a bit uneasy even submitting this review, due to concern for the wrath that could be applied, but we think it's important that families know what they are getting into if they choose to enroll. With the exception of a few Godly teachers who have been the foundation of Jesus' love, the spirit there is oppressive and controlling. Don't judge the book by its cover... this book has a very convincing cover.

Posted August 18, 2010
NCCS offers a warm, loving, incredible atmosphere where children are cherished and challenged. The Biblical worldview emphasis, low student/teacher ratio, and overall focus on the WHOLE PERSON (body, mind and spirit) make this the only place I will ever send my kids.

New Covenant Christian School
4415 West St Joe Hwy, Lansing, MI  48917
Last modified New Covenant Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Covenant Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top