Bad
Good

Lansing Charter Academy 3

Posted March 25, 2015
My child went here for 4 years. Office Staff are amazing, some teachers work hard and care. Curriculum is challenging, includes a moral focus and school is nice and clean. School has social worker but services are not available if your child is gifted AND has ADHD, or if you are not identified as "at risk." Communication and cooperation on 504 and IEP evaluation requests leaves a lot to be desired. Generally a good school if your child does not have ADHD.

Lansing Charter Academy 2

Posted July 27, 2014
I was a student at LCA but I graduated this year. I started going to LCA when I was in fourth grade, I always loved the school, but then we got a new principal (Mr. Ward). Mr. Ward did a great job in getting out scores up. Why I am giving LCA a 2 star rating is because their were 3 fights this year and the years before then their had be none. Mr. Ward failed to know most of the students names. This is why I believe LCA deserves a 2 star rating.

Posted June 22, 2014
My children have attended LCA since it opened. I can guarantee it has not been all roses. When a problem does arise they do try their best to deal with it. Mr. Ward, the new principal for the 13-14 school year, really has turned the school around. The teachers have always been awesome and so are the deans. The office staff are wonderful. They treat all the children as they are family. A few volunteers try to do as much as they can to help the staff and run school events. I think the lack of parent involvement is not any worst than anywhere else. Everyone is so busy. If you are looking for a school in the greater Lansing area I would differentially check out LCA.

Posted October 24, 2013
I think LCA is a great school! They work hard to put the students first (which most public schools are unable to do due to 'politics"). My granddaughter seems to thrive and is learning a lot. I like the friendliness of the teachers and staff and the fact that they get to know the students by name. I wish there was a little more security when picking up students (especially after school). I have picked my granddaughter up from school several times and never been asked for ID (not even the first time I stopped to get her). Overall they are doing a great job and the kids seems to thrive!

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers I have worked with are great, the only issues I have is I feel there are too many students in each class for 1 teacher. And there is not enough parent support or volunteers to help with events. Everything else so far I love about the school.My child excels in all areas and they continue to push to make him better.

Posted October 24, 2013
I'm really surprised that this school has a rating of 3/10. I moved my kids from Red Cedar which has a much higher rating undeservedly. LCA has great teachers and staff.. They work hard and interact with the parents. I'm very comfortable having my both kids in this school.

Posted October 24, 2013
I really like the school and love the fact that things are always changing to make improvements. This has been kinda hectic because of after school pick up but the staff always shows up with a smile on there face and a positive attitude. Just wanted to say thank you for all that LCA does for children!

Posted October 24, 2013
We have been with LCA for two years and have been very happy with the education out child is receiving. Administration has been responsive and teachers have been invested and helpful. Concerns have not been ignored and the team atmosphere we have been able to create has truly helped our child. He is not just a number at LCA, he had a name!

Posted October 24, 2013
I love this school for my child he was bullied at his old school for years now that he is at LCA he has friends, great grades, and the staff is very friendly. I recommend this school to any one who wants their kids to get a good education in a good environment you should check it out.

Posted June 18, 2013
Lansing Charter Academy focuses on the development of moral character, and integrity is woven into the curriculum at every level. My children are challenged to go above and beyond and consistently score higher than their grade level. It is a safe and family-like environment for my children.

Lansing Charter Academy
3300 Express Ct, Lansing, MI  48910
Last modified Lansing Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-9