Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 18, 2015
The school and parents i think teach the students this. Never give up, life is hard and this is a valuable lesson. .

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 18, 2015
Due to the size of the students to staff, students get one an one and learn more and also learn from the staff interaction with each other.

White Pine Academy 5

Posted August 18, 2015
100 % Recommended. Husband was hesitant to send our kids to WPA, due to something different. We are absolutely love 100% happy with our choice. We have two kids that are doing great. Love the 10 - 15 class size, the great teachers and the staff of 3 that cares and knows each student and family. The staff at WPA wants our children to succeed as much as we, as parents, do.

White Pine Academy 5

Posted January 27, 2010
This is the most wonderful school in exsistance! The principal cares for each of his students on an individual level. Most of the teachers are of extreme quality with a few exceptions. The students feel very safe and loved at this school, it truly has a family feel but still maintains the structure & disipline needed for our children. Leslie is blessed to have such an extrodinary place for our young minds to grow!

Posted September 11, 2009
100 % Recommended !! We absolutely love WPA ! My son started in Kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade and my daughter just entered the Y-5's program. Wonderful child teacher ratios, direct instruction, wonderful communication...The staff at WPA wants our children to succeed as much as we, as parents, do!! We love our school !

Posted March 11, 2009
The teachers in this school really care about the children. This is a great place to send your kids

Posted August 26, 2008
White Pine is such a wonderful school. It offers so much more family interaction than large schools. The teachers make themselves readily available so I am always aware of my childs progress. White Pine has no tolerance for bullies and it seems whenever I have been at the school that the kids are always getting along with eachother. My child has ADHD and the personal attention he receives has been so helpful. I would highly recommend WPA.

White Pine Academy 1

Posted May 11, 2008
The teachers are closed-minded, and don't show any respect to the students. I wouldn't recommend this school, or any other school in Leslie to anybody who wants their kid to have a healthy social life, or respectable education.

Posted April 24, 2008
Five years now. There are some absolutely fantastic teachers. There is also a recent feeling of complete complacency at White Pine as we become fixated on NCLB. Is there better?

Posted May 25, 2006
I am very happy with the education my child is getting at White Pine Academy. Half way through the school year my kindergartener read me the entire Cat in the Hat book Green Eggs and Ham. I was amazed to say the least. The teachers at White Pine Academy are not just doing a job, they are there making a difference for every student.

510 Russell Street, Leslie, MI  49251
Last modified White Pine Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Pine Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top