Woodworth Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2013
Woodworth Elementary - Leslie, MI. Great school! Wonderful community involvement. Your child will have fun here but be careful, there is a teacher in each grade that make yelling at their students a part of their normal teaching itinerary for the day. Those select few teachers will also scold and scare the child if they tell on the them. Make sure to do your homework, ask around about the teachers. Everyone knows who these teachers are. You can hear them in the hallways. Make sure to fill out that teacher request form that comes out each May. As long as you do this, Your child will have a wonderful time and have a great learning experience!!!

Woodworth Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2011
I feel they need to allow the parents more involvement regardless of the parents past. Doing a background check on the parent was an invasion of privacy and has shunned many parent out of there involvement in the public schools here in Leslie! Just because there is a parent with a criminal past dose not mean that they shouldn't be allowed to join in on field trips or other school based events...... needless to say I haven't been able to attend a field trip since 2008 because I have a drug offense that I was charged with 4 years before my child was born . I have successfully completed a rehab program and have been drug free for 8 years now ........ please tell me how this would affect our children ... it dont and it is ridiculous... Now I can see the point in doing this to prevent predictors in our schools but past drug offenses or felony drunk driving should not have any bearing on the parents involvement in Leslie schools.. its just another way to keep parents out of there children's lives due to the parents past...... who really loses in this decision????? ~JUST SAYING~

Posted May 19, 2009

Posted April 05, 2009
Our sons enjoyed going to school every day. The staff is outstanding and we credit them with the success our boys currently enjoy in school.

Posted February 20, 2009
We felt the education our children received at Woodworth was outstanding. We have high academic expectations and found that our children transitioned easily from Leslie, even though our new district has a very high percentage of professional families who demand academic excellence. The previous reviewer perhaps mistakes lax parental expectations for low district/state standards. Ratings are highly subjective in nature and to have a child that is ''behind in her academic level' because of one year in Michigan is more reflective of poor academic parental status than poor district/state academic standards.

Woodworth Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2008

Woodworth Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2008
I have to agree that the teachers at Woodworth are nice, but the education standards of the school dissappoint me. My child went to Woodworth for her second grade year. She is an A student that came from a school that was rated a 10 in another state. Now that we have moved to another state again, my child is now behind in her academic level because of attending Woodworth. I don't blame the school, I blame the state's education board.

Posted March 27, 2008
Leslie Rock's!!!! Im so pleased to find out that again this year they kicked off their annual Daddy/Daughter Dance in-style This years theme Hawiian lula My girls had a blast . Thanks parent/teachers/princpals/& Everyone inbetween for making this small town have a Big-Hearted community.

Woodworth Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2006
My son is in 3rd grade at Woodworth. Every teacher he has encountered has been amazing. They really work with each child's personality and learning style. They are very caring and excited about education. This school has no tolerance for bullying, which is wonderful. I also love that there are so many extra curricular activities. These kids have so much opportunity!

Posted September 06, 2006

Woodworth Elementary School
212 Pennsylvania Street, Leslie, MI  49251
Last modified Woodworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodworth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top