Lincoln Park, MI

Posted January 13, 2014
Always a pleasant experience. The teachers are extremely helpful and patient with the students. My daughter wouldnt be where she was today if it wasnt for them.

Posted February 12, 2010
Most of the teachers and staff are very professional, very knowledgeable and personable. The principle is wonderful. She really provides great leadership, from what I can see from the outside. My children are doing well here! The secretary in the office is somewhat cold, could be more service-oriented, more friendly with a better can-do attitude.

Posted November 03, 2009
We have decided that Hoover is not for us. The principal has little concern for the emotions of the younger students. We loved Mrs. Hamblin but have decided to move on.

Posted February 26, 2009
I have been with this school for 7 years having put through 1 child of which is graduating this year and 1 still attending. I have seen many different things happening at Hoover one being a princiapl who tries very hard to organize and look out for the best interest of our students. As far as for the drop off and pick up..well it is what it is. There is nothing wrong with a child walking to your car even if it is one block away. I grew up in this city and attending Keppen and walked to and from school. Children need to be taught the lessions when doing so. I know times have changed and it is definatley more dangerous but it is how we teach our children. Heard of a buddy system? It tends to work great. Good luck to all.

Posted June 27, 2008

Hoover School 4

Posted January 14, 2008
I think Hoover is great school with an excellent principal and staff. The PTA is really trying to pull together the parents, I just wish there was more interest from our parents, they seem to be under the notion PTA is a click and while that may have once been the case it isn't that way anymore.

Hoover School 2

Posted June 23, 2007

Hoover School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
I love Hoover! My son has excelled since switching to this school. They are very positive in dealing with any circumstances that arrive.

Posted August 08, 2006

Hoover School 3

Posted February 12, 2006
There is no accecelerated programs for the students that are working above their grade level,however many for the students that need to catch up to their grade level. There is no extracurricular activities after school programs such as sports. There is a major lack of Parent and Teacher participation in the PTA why is there a PTA? There is absolutely no parking or drop off area and it is a frustration every morning and afternoon. The school board chooses to do nothing for the situation. And the city compounds the problem by having a no parking on Wednesdays to the surrounding streets that ends 15min after the children get out of school for the day. The safties have absolutely no suppervision and play games on the corners. We had a wonderful start of school with our Kindergarten teacher MRS Hamblin but we have moved on from Kindergarten now we may move on to a new school.

Hoover School
3750 Howard Street, Lincoln Park, MI  48146
Last modified Hoover School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top