Bad
Good

I have 2 of my 3 kids attend Hoover. Great teachers and music program. I love the diversity of the school and the after school programs.

Always a pleasant experience. The teachers are extremely helpful and patient with the students. My daughter wouldnt be where she was today if it wasnt for them.

Most of the teachers and staff are very professional, very knowledgeable and personable. The principle is wonderful. She really provides great leadership, from what I can see from the outside. My children are doing well here! The secretary in the office is somewhat cold, could be more service-oriented, more friendly with a better can-do attitude.

We have decided that Hoover is not for us. The principal has little concern for the emotions of the younger students. We loved Mrs. Hamblin but have decided to move on.

I have been with this school for 7 years having put through 1 child of which is graduating this year and 1 still attending. I have seen many different things happening at Hoover one being a princiapl who tries very hard to organize and look out for the best interest of our students. As far as for the drop off and pick up..well it is what it is. There is nothing wrong with a child walking to your car even if it is one block away. I grew up in this city and attending Keppen and walked to and from school. Children need to be taught the lessions when doing so. I know times have changed and it is definatley more dangerous but it is how we teach our children. Heard of a buddy system? It tends to work great. Good luck to all.

I think Hoover is great school with an excellent principal and staff. The PTA is really trying to pull together the parents, I just wish there was more interest from our parents, they seem to be under the notion PTA is a click and while that may have once been the case it isn't that way anymore.

I love Hoover! My son has excelled since switching to this school. They are very positive in dealing with any circumstances that arrive.

Last modified Hoover School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.