Bad
Good

Hoover School 5

Posted December 10, 2015
I have 2 of my 3 kids attend Hoover. Great teachers and music program. I love the diversity of the school and the after school programs.

Hoover School 5

Posted January 13, 2014
Always a pleasant experience. The teachers are extremely helpful and patient with the students. My daughter wouldnt be where she was today if it wasnt for them.

Posted February 12, 2010
Most of the teachers and staff are very professional, very knowledgeable and personable. The principle is wonderful. She really provides great leadership, from what I can see from the outside. My children are doing well here! The secretary in the office is somewhat cold, could be more service-oriented, more friendly with a better can-do attitude.

Posted November 03, 2009
We have decided that Hoover is not for us. The principal has little concern for the emotions of the younger students. We loved Mrs. Hamblin but have decided to move on.

Posted February 26, 2009
I have been with this school for 7 years having put through 1 child of which is graduating this year and 1 still attending. I have seen many different things happening at Hoover one being a princiapl who tries very hard to organize and look out for the best interest of our students. As far as for the drop off and pick up..well it is what it is. There is nothing wrong with a child walking to your car even if it is one block away. I grew up in this city and attending Keppen and walked to and from school. Children need to be taught the lessions when doing so. I know times have changed and it is definatley more dangerous but it is how we teach our children. Heard of a buddy system? It tends to work great. Good luck to all.

Hoover School 4

Posted January 14, 2008
I think Hoover is great school with an excellent principal and staff. The PTA is really trying to pull together the parents, I just wish there was more interest from our parents, they seem to be under the notion PTA is a click and while that may have once been the case it isn't that way anymore.

Hoover School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
I love Hoover! My son has excelled since switching to this school. They are very positive in dealing with any circumstances that arrive.

Hoover School 3

Posted February 12, 2006
There is no accecelerated programs for the students that are working above their grade level,however many for the students that need to catch up to their grade level. There is no extracurricular activities after school programs such as sports. There is a major lack of Parent and Teacher participation in the PTA why is there a PTA? There is absolutely no parking or drop off area and it is a frustration every morning and afternoon. The school board chooses to do nothing for the situation. And the city compounds the problem by having a no parking on Wednesdays to the surrounding streets that ends 15min after the children get out of school for the day. The safties have absolutely no suppervision and play games on the corners. We had a wonderful start of school with our Kindergarten teacher MRS Hamblin but we have moved on from Kindergarten now we may move on to a new school.

Hoover School 3

Posted September 04, 2005
The lack of parking or drop off points is terrible. The lack of school activities, such as plays and holiday programs is a disappointment. No air conditioning for the building where it gets too hot for any concentration the beginning and end of year, especially for those upstairs. I don't see very many art projects other than the paper and glue projects. I would like to see my children working with products such as clay as well as the old standard paper and glue. The teachers and the secretary are wonderful. I am looking forward to the new principle. I prefer this elementary to others in Lincoln Park, however, we will leave Lincoln Park before the Middle School and High Schools. No buses for those who live more than a mile for even the elementaries. I am not sure where our tax dollars are going, not to the schools.

Hoover School 2

Posted January 31, 2005
The parking situation, or lack there of, is very dangerous and chaotic. The Kindergarten classroom and door is at the far back of the school and across the playground, very inconvient for parents. The school is very unorganized. However, the Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hamblin is so wonderful.

3750 Howard Street, Lincoln Park, MI  48146
Last modified Hoover School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.