Bad
Good

I have 2 children that attend Paun an my experience there has been great. my son was a little delayed when he first started school they took the time to help him an now he is just about ahead now. both of my children are doing great. The teachers an staff are amazing!!!

Someone previously mentioned that the principal is "deeply involved" in this school. I seriously beg to differ. When my daughter was in 6th grade, her teacher became the acting principal whenever the principal left school property during school hours. HE WAS GONE ALL THE TIME and my daughter's class would either have a substitute or sometimes NO TEACHER AT ALL. When my son entered 1st grade, two weeks into the school year it was decided that my son's teacher was no longer needed. THEY DIDN'T EVEN INFORM THE PARENTS. Then the teacher my son ended up with was a dictator to the point that my wife and I had to transfer him to another school within the district. And let me tell you, that school is much better than this one on so many levels!

While I will openly acknowledge that this principle seems to be deeply involved at the school... I do have concerns over his handling of disciplinary concerns. Having my child questioned for accusing 2 classmates about an incident - in front of the accused and that child's parents AND grandparents - without contacting us to be present as well (as the parent's of the accuser) is completely unacceptable. Children in this age level are easily victimized when faced in a room full of adults. As a Principle, he should know better than to allow such a meeting! If both child's parents are not present then the principle, the teacher, and both students should be the only people in a room for discussion - without exception. I would be interested to know if this is a common practice at this school...If so, as parents we all need to be very concerned.

well the thing about max paun is that it really isent the greatest school my daughter has been haveing trouble and everyone thinks this is the greatest school.....but its not the dress code is the next thing to a uniform and all of the teachers are not that greatt!!!

This school is horrible. It is more worried about losing numbers than the best interest of the students. I pulled my son out and transferred him to another school in the district and I have had no regrets! I guess you don't know what your missing until you leave! Too many split grade classes at Paun and a fundraiser comes home every month! I hope they get it together for the students who need more flexibility in the learning process. So sad because this was my elementary school 30 years ago!

I believe the teachers need to focus more on positive reinforcement rather than all negative. My son is in Kindergarten and when I am pulled aside after school to be told he lost recess for the day and is in trouble for 'knocking over someone else's castle they were building!' Yes he shouldn't have done that, but why are we dwelling on such small things and worry about the bigger issues that may be at hand!!!

I am the pta vice president at this school and have been on the pta for over 10 years, my 10th grader went here and is a straight a student, my 4th grader is doing a's as well, I know and love everyone here!

I have 3 children ages 20,14 & 5. My 20 & 14 year old have both gone to this school & now my 5 year old has just started kindergarten here. It is a great school with great teachers & parents!

My two children Attend Paun, and I am a pretty involved parent in school I am in the school at least three days a week. And I can admit that Paun could do for some improvments, although as a parent I can honestly say we need more parent involvement, I find that most parents use school as a get away not a educational process that we all need to participate in. Our children need to know that we support them, and that we are as involved in them as we expect them to be in school. Just being Honest

My son went to Maxx Paun elementry for a few months, and had more stress there than any other school that he has been too, that others may consider to be way worst. His teacher was inconsiderate of his needs, and she even humilliated him in front of the entire class, by calling him retarded. I confroted her about the incident, but of course she denied it. The principle and the superintendant, did absolutely nothing at all. The superintendant was rude and very uninterested about my son. I felt like they all stuck together and decided that my son was lying about everything. No one wanted to have a meeting with my son and i about what happened. My son's self esteem was shattered, i watched him shed many tears for weeks about this. He is healing slowly but surely. He is doing great in his new school.

Last modified Max Paun School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.