Lincoln Park, MI

Posted July 28, 2010
I have 2 children that attend Paun an my experience there has been great. my son was a little delayed when he first started school they took the time to help him an now he is just about ahead now. both of my children are doing great. The teachers an staff are amazing!!!

Max Paun School 1

Posted June 04, 2010
Someone previously mentioned that the principal is "deeply involved" in this school. I seriously beg to differ. When my daughter was in 6th grade, her teacher became the acting principal whenever the principal left school property during school hours. HE WAS GONE ALL THE TIME and my daughter's class would either have a substitute or sometimes NO TEACHER AT ALL. When my son entered 1st grade, two weeks into the school year it was decided that my son's teacher was no longer needed. THEY DIDN'T EVEN INFORM THE PARENTS. Then the teacher my son ended up with was a dictator to the point that my wife and I had to transfer him to another school within the district. And let me tell you, that school is much better than this one on so many levels!

Max Paun School 3

Posted May 27, 2010
While I will openly acknowledge that this principle seems to be deeply involved at the school... I do have concerns over his handling of disciplinary concerns. Having my child questioned for accusing 2 classmates about an incident - in front of the accused and that child's parents AND grandparents - without contacting us to be present as well (as the parent's of the accuser) is completely unacceptable. Children in this age level are easily victimized when faced in a room full of adults. As a Principle, he should know better than to allow such a meeting! If both child's parents are not present then the principle, the teacher, and both students should be the only people in a room for discussion - without exception. I would be interested to know if this is a common practice at this school...If so, as parents we all need to be very concerned.

Max Paun School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
well the thing about max paun is that it really isent the greatest school my daughter has been haveing trouble and everyone thinks this is the greatest school.....but its not the dress code is the next thing to a uniform and all of the teachers are not that greatt!!!

Max Paun School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
This school is horrible. It is more worried about losing numbers than the best interest of the students. I pulled my son out and transferred him to another school in the district and I have had no regrets! I guess you don't know what your missing until you leave! Too many split grade classes at Paun and a fundraiser comes home every month! I hope they get it together for the students who need more flexibility in the learning process. So sad because this was my elementary school 30 years ago!

Max Paun School 2

Posted April 19, 2010
I believe the teachers need to focus more on positive reinforcement rather than all negative. My son is in Kindergarten and when I am pulled aside after school to be told he lost recess for the day and is in trouble for 'knocking over someone else's castle they were building!' Yes he shouldn't have done that, but why are we dwelling on such small things and worry about the bigger issues that may be at hand!!!

Posted November 03, 2009
I am the pta vice president at this school and have been on the pta for over 10 years, my 10th grader went here and is a straight a student, my 4th grader is doing a's as well, I know and love everyone here!

Posted November 03, 2009
I have 3 children ages 20,14 & 5. My 20 & 14 year old have both gone to this school & now my 5 year old has just started kindergarten here. It is a great school with great teachers & parents!

Posted July 27, 2009

Max Paun School 1

Posted June 06, 2009
My two children Attend Paun, and I am a pretty involved parent in school I am in the school at least three days a week. And I can admit that Paun could do for some improvments, although as a parent I can honestly say we need more parent involvement, I find that most parents use school as a get away not a educational process that we all need to participate in. Our children need to know that we support them, and that we are as involved in them as we expect them to be in school. Just being Honest

Max Paun School
2821 Bailey Avenue, Lincoln Park, MI  48146
Last modified Max Paun School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Max Paun School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top