Lincoln Park, MI

Posted September 18, 2014
The kids hardly ever have freedom ! They wear uniforms everyday and when there's a jean day the have to wear spirit wear! The teachers there are mean. One nun told my child that she got all this wrong on the test in front of everyone! She was so embarrassed, she almost cried and when I talked to the teacher she said she wouldn't say anything mean to her again. The next day in class they were naming people who are holy and one of the girls in the class said the nuns name then she said no I'm not I make people cry but they forgive me !she shouldn't pin point children in class . The parents here are very rude, they constantly yell at the kids and act like they are the principles. They make everything strict for the kids. The kids in my daughters class asked can we have a Halloween dance, the PTA told the kids no because they didn't want them coming in dressed inappropriate, I would never let my daught were something inappropriate. The last "dance" they had they couldn't play any of the songs they wanted and the parents were watching the kids every where. My daughter does not like this school and does not want to go back. Make your choices wisely before you settle in.

Posted December 17, 2013
BEWARE. The parents are very clicky. If you are not an involved parent that volunteers at the school everyday, then good luck getting anyone to accept you into their tight-knit group. My child had some issues that I tried to contact the principal regarding. After leaving numerous messages for her, with no return call, I gave up. Some of the teachers are so old and out of date with todays society. The one nun actually told my child that satan speaks to you thru television and video games. Another nun told him he would never see his dead dog, his best friend, ever again, because dogs do not have souls so they do not go to heaven. He cried about that for days. The teachers and pricipal have their favorite students and beware if your child does not make the cut, things will be very difficult for them. The boys are expected to be quiet, perfect, angelic soldiers. The children get unfair punishments for innocent acts such as talking in the hallways during class change. Just ridiculous expectations of young children that are treated like soldiers all day long. They are expected to think and act the way the teachers want, with no individuality allowed.

John Paul II Catholic School 2

Posted September 28, 2011
The school is now called John Paul II I am not sure if we like it or not. My child is in middle school and I have already spotted some red flags. My child so far has not been challanged in a positive way, While some of the teachers are young & get that injecting some fun into the day is importiant other older teachers do not. They are very strict. Classes get dismissed late all the time so my child is rushed through that assigment. My child has a 15 min lunch break! This is uncalled for. The web site is useless, and emails go unanswered from the web site. Tuition is higher that other schools in the area. The amount of rules and dress code is overwhelming to both parent and students. Children don't use backpacks they use suitcases because they have too many books, note pads and must carry all of their items from class to class and home daily, this is also uncalled for. My child has one teacher Sr. A. who demands that all student bring home all books no matter if they have homework or not because they need to "look at future lessons." A lot of assumptions are made at this school as well. JPII is not preparing my child for HS at this point. I am not sure if we will stay.

Posted November 29, 2009
You cannot put a price on education. As a parent, you do anything and everything to assure your child has the best schooling experience possible and that they carry the lessons learned into their young adult life. Good Shepherd School is one of the last institutions to focus so much on the child and their development, that the tuition, regardless of cost, isn't so much as an expense as it is the wisest investment choice you will ever make. The teachers are second to none, the grounds are clean, safe and tailored to each specific grade, K-8. Parents make the sports programs and after school activities a welcoming and warm experience while keeping participation fees small or in some cases completely free. Special classes like gym, music, art and computers round out a fantastic curriculum that build great students and please all parents. Highly recommended!

Posted March 04, 2009
CGS is a wonderful school...highly recommended. Staff, parents, and students are great!

Posted February 24, 2009
My husband and I chose to send out very active son to Kindergarden. He loves his teacher Mrs. Kozma, and so do we. She really gets kids. Mrs. Kozma is kind, creative and fair. She runs a tight ship, and I would have it any other way. My son is able to take part in specials gym and art twice a week, music is once a week. It is a well rounded program. Iti is worth the trip.

John Paul II Catholic School 4

Posted June 13, 2008
My child has been going to CGS since 2001 starting w/preschool.They are very attentive and a hands on school.The only thing lacking is a band program, everything else is there.Parental involement his very high and that also shows dedication.Try us out, you'll like us!

Posted May 19, 2008

Posted April 16, 2008

John Paul II Catholic School 0

Posted January 31, 2008
This is an excellent school that teaches good values along with advanced academics. I am a graduate and now my son attends CGS. I wouldn't send him anywhere else, no matter what the cost!

John Paul II Catholic School
1590 Riverbank St, Lincoln Park, MI  48146
Last modified John Paul II Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
John Paul II Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top