Linden, MI

Posted April 10, 2015
Linden High School is a place where your child has the potential of having an excellent education. Classes can be tough and challenging, but that's just high school. Almost all of the teachers actually care for their students and want them to succeed in life. There are teachers who are more challenging and seem like they do not like their job, but that's a very few number. But then there is the teacher that had the potential to change your child's life in some way or another. One teacher has changed the way I think and she has inspired me and many other students throughout her years of teaching at Linden. The English department is probably the best; all of the teachers are well appreciated. The math department could use some better teachers. Plus, if your child struggles in math, there are many other math teachers that can help besides the one teacher your child has. There is also after school tutoring where some teachers go and help students with any questions no matter if they are their student or not. Linden is a great place to send your child to school. Also, if your child has special needs, there are wonderful and caring teachers who are always patient will your child.

Linden High School 2

Posted July 25, 2014
Be aware before you enroll your child that this school runs on trimesters, which is faster and more difficult for most students, but gives them leeway if they tend to fail classes (although making the courses faster increases the chances of a student failing...) In addition, if your child is in need of special care or a different program out of the classroom, beware: they do not offer much of anything and will not work with you or your child. In fact, they will go to great lengths to make sure your child does not do an alternative program, and even if you do manage get past that, their alt. programs are outdated and essentially set up to fail (especially with their trimester system.) If your child is fine in the classroom, however, it's just like any other U.S. high school today - both good and bad teachers, bullies and misconduct, and controversial events.

Posted July 23, 2007
I am a recent graduate from Linden and would have to say that I got a great education. The teachers were (mostly) all friendly and almost always helpful. I can't imagine going anywhere else. Linden is a great little school. I loved it!

Posted March 25, 2007
I went to this school for my whole high school career. I hated the high school atmosphere, sure it can't be any worse than any other high school in the county. That is just my opinion of any high school. I learned how to treat people with respect and not jump to conclusions about anyone. In totality, it was a great learning environment and I would still stand behind this school as a high class place to learn.

Posted November 24, 2005
I think that the point of these reviews is to discuss how an education at LHS helps students prepare for college or joining the workforce upon graduation. Linden High School prepared me for college and taught me the skills that I needed to complete both my BA and masters' degrees. LHS teachers are (for the most part) always willing to help studnets with issues they may be having, and teach them essential skills for success in life. The only program that really needs improvement is the instrumental music program. It is time that they bring someone in that knows music and treats students with respect. Other then that--a great education was earned at LHS.

Posted September 29, 2005
I am now a 11th grader at LHS. LHS is the best place to learn and I absolutly love it. I wouldn't rahter go to any other school. -Ryan Scully.

Posted June 19, 2005
I am a Freshman at LHS. I think the school is rather small but in a good way. My brother is now a Senior and he has done great until his junior year. his chemistry teacher wasnt too impressive. Other than that anyone who fails in this school have no excuse and is their own fault not the staff's. After the freshman year, many, many cliques are eliminated. Compared to what I hear about Milford High I would recommend Linden High.

Linden High School 3

Posted March 01, 2005
I am a freshman at LHS. I think that the school is rather small compared to other districts. But is a good school with some good teachers.

Posted February 26, 2005
I like this school alot. I think they have good teaching skills and great teachers. the staff is very helpful and the sporting events are great fun to go to.

Linden High School
7201 Silver Lake Road, Linden, MI  48451
Last modified Linden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linden High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top