Livonia, MI
Students enrolled: 1,764

Posted December 03, 2014
Everything about Franklin High school has been wonderful for my son. We moved here his freshman year and he is doing great. The staff at Franklin is so amazing. Thank you for all you do Franklin and GO PATRIOTS!!

Posted October 20, 2014
Franklin High School, Livonia, MI I never thought there could be so many sub-standard teachers. I am not surprised that the test results came in so much lower than the rest of the district after my freshman was loaded with 4 out of 6 useless teachers. Lazy, expect the students to teach themselves under the "preparing them for college" mantra. Teach the subject, give them a good foundation, and college will take care of itself. Do nothing, expect the kids to teach themselves, and smile and act nice, you get 66.67% of my child's teachers this year. Sad. Her counselor is no better. Took 6 schedules to get her into classes, and it's still wrong 2 months later. I am surprised Livonia has not gotten rid of the majority of the staff here. A;so laughable is that you have to pay as a parent to help out and participate. Who thinks of this stuff?

Posted March 18, 2014
Franklin High School in Livonia Michigan. I support the school and their goals. My child is a freshman so I am still learning about the school.

Posted March 13, 2014
I graduated from Franklin in 2010 and am now graduating from the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) this May with a 3.8, a double major with high honors, and an admirable full time job lined up. Needless to say, I'm doing well. The thing about Franklin is that it is full of academically average and morally misguided kids. The advanced students that rise to the top tend to be tracked together in 4-5 subjects and are largely segregated from the non-advanced population outside of athletics and assorted elective courses (I met some colorful individuals in pleasure reading my senior year...). If you are motivated and intelligent, there is an opportunity for you to meet like minded students and brilliant teachers that will get you where you want to be for the most part. The real challenge is setting the bar high enough for yourself. I came to Michigan way behind my private-school-educated out of state cohorts. Specifically, my analytic reasoning and research design capacities were dismal compared to peers that attended rigorous prep programs. The average kid will be fine at FHS, and the will surely have a shot at state-level college admission. Exceptional kids are on their own.

Posted September 26, 2013
My first child graduated in 2009, my son-in-law in 2007, and my youngest is now a Junior there. I beleive the school has a strong acedemic prgram and the counselors do a pretty good job in giviing direction, not always but 85% of the time. Teh TEachers are great. there were only a couple that my kids have had that I would say did not do their job. You know the Teachers are making a mark on your children when they come home and talk about them everyday. tehy hace the IB program which is only one of a couple of high schools in Michigan to have this program. Also from what I have heard from my kids, their friends, Teachers, and other paretns from Franklin and other Livonia schools, Franklin has a better focus on enforcing drug policies. I would recommend this high school over the other two in Livnoia any day!.

Posted October 25, 2011
Franklin has a spirited student council and a large number of students dedicated to the advancement of their class and their school with a disproportionately high number of Advanded Placement students. I have to rate this school as "Excellent"!

Posted October 24, 2011
Parents Beware! If your looking for a High School for your child to learn and become a good citizen and be ready for College or the Work Force, Franklin High School isnt the place to send them. Counselors and some Teachers that dont care. They just go thru the motions as if they care, but they dont. Somebody should let them know Teaching is a Career, not a Union Job.

Posted August 11, 2011
I've been bullied for the past 3 years of my life here at FHS. The kids are bad influences and the principle does not do anything about it. We have fights almost everyday and the hallways are too crowded. They only give you 5 minutes to go to your locker, bathrooms, and get to the other side of the building. The teachers are nice and they are good to talk to, but the students are HORRIBLE!

Posted May 18, 2011
Not a good school, The teachers are very lazy, The students are just as lazy, This school makes you very depressed.

Posted January 29, 2010

Franklin High School
31000 Joy Road, Livonia, MI  48150
Last modified Franklin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top