Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is our first year at Grant, and so far we like it. We had a bad experience at our last school, so my daughter was a little apprehensive at first, but the principal was very warm and welcoming towards us, and checked in on her the first few weeks of school. My daughter had a few complaints at the beginning of the year on kids not being very friendly towards her; not wanting her to sit with them at lunch, on the bus, and some of the kids in her class were taking things out of her desk when she wasn't around, but the issues have since been resolved. She really enjoys the music teacher, and I love all of the activities the school has to offer. The pto works really hard at planning a lot of great events and activities for the kids.

I absolutely love Grant! There is a great sense of community in this school. The Principal Mrs. Cousino is very approachable and really has the students in her best interests. You can tell she is the kind of educator that is always thinking of ways to foster learning and keeping the community engaged. When I had an issue with my son, she worked earnestly to help me find solutions and created an environment that made me feel comfortable going to her to give my child the best possible opportunity to succeed. Last year Grant received a new Gym teacher and I was very impressed. My son finally loved gym and talked about the new things / activities they were doing during class. As said in many posts, the music teacher is outstanding. I wish I would have had the privledge of having such an amazing music teacher when I was a student. He clearly brings pure joy to his classroom. I know this sounds kind of over the top, but Mr. Stromberg really brings a positive vibe to these kids everyday....I have no idea how he does it.... My only wish and it has nothing to do with this school is that the schools would lay off on all the testing forced on by the state. It takes up way too much time.....it seems disruptive of the whole learning process.

The music teacher is outstanding. Many of the teachers here are mediocre, home work and projects are rarely assigned, with the exception of math. Some of the teachers are just getting through the day, they cannot control their classes, it's almost as if they have given up. The new gym teacher has a terrible attitude and is very mean to the kids, and extremely rude to the parents. Many of the teachers here are very disrespectful to the parents. Favoritism is a big part of this school, with both the students and the parents. If your child is a favorite they will be treated differently. Other children and their parents are labeled and treated according to the label. The emphasis does not seem to be on education at this school.

The teachers are awsome careing people who are very supportive of their students and familys the kids enjoy school and the music teacher is the best he teaches the kids that music can be fun.

This is my son's third year at Grant. He loves it there! Every single employee of the school truly cares about the children. The principal has been quick to address my concerns and questions. No school is perfect, but this building is filled with kind, loving people who provide a warm environment for discovery and learning.

Grant has an amazing PTA. The principal is very efficient and I swear knows every child by name! Parent involvement is also great. My son especially enjoys the music class each week.

My children have been attending Grant for 3+ years. I absolutely love "our" school. As a parent it is easy to feel part of the community. The staff and parent organization at Grant is very welcoming and provides many extra activities for the students. I have experienced different concerns/struggles over the years regarding my children and I have always felt comfortable discussing these concerns with all their teachers and the principal at Grant. They are kind and informative and have always helped "us" reach a positive resolution to our issue. I feel very fortunate to have my children attend such a wonderful school.

Great School and Great Teacher (Mrs. Ort)! Really turned my Kindergartner around. We had a terrible experience at Cleveland with the Principal and a Teacher. My Son was having trouble in school and would cry when we took him to school. Now, he really enjoys school again. We are so thankful for all that Grant Elementary has done for our child!

Our Family really loves this school. We have two boys one is in 4th grade the other in 1st. When I was looking for a school when my first child was born I came to this site to help me try to get a good school for him. Now that he is moving into 5th which will be another school I am back here again. This school is very, very good. I would recommend this school to friends and family without a second thought. I am really sad to send my oldest elsewhere. I am very proud to be a "Gator" My kids love this school it was a great choice. You have to remember that you can not please everyone every time with every situation. I do love the music teacher he is superior! I love that the make sure to have all electives in this school i.e. gym, music,art etc...I believe it is very important for my children. The after school care is wonderful as well.

What is a school for an early age? A place were little kids got attracted to, the main purpose is to make them like to learn, a one step ahead after the preschoolers. Unfortunate, this doesn't exist in this school, they are doing their job as the law required. In other hand, the school is clean, staff is friendly. The build up and placement is excellent. What they need is motivation and the well to improve, be the best! Hard work and keen to their sole of teaching is the key, I hope they listen and learn something before they deliver the message to our future of the next generation. I don't want to see messages on empty bottles flowing around, determined kids with bright future make their family proud. If you are looking just to get paid at the end of the week, find you another job and make space to those who want to deliver the message.

Last modified Grant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.