Livonia, MI

Posted May 10, 2014
My daughter has been attending Webster for many years. She absolutely loves it! I would recommend it to any parent with a gifted child.

Webster Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
I studied in a real school for gifted -please, realize that Webster is not a School for Gifted but Academically Talent, that is completely different and in essence superior- and I found there only some proud Indian parents -Montessori's lovers- and many former public school bullied kids with high potential to develop but bored to death. No different that many public schools and in some cases, much lesser in approach. I agree that kids need to read but not only read instead of experimentation and scientific methodology, but that is for gifted not for talented. Many talented could be gifted but are not challenged enough. With all the resouces they use, they could do better. Read some parent comments and have your own conclusions. At the end, it is knowledge what we need from school, education begins at home and it can not be replaced by anything different.

Posted February 25, 2014
I went to Webster in the gited program from 1997-2001, and cannot recommend the school highly enough. I am now a teacher myself, and every school I work at I wish was as amazing as Webster was. I wish all students got the elementary school experience that I had there.

Webster Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
Not impressed. Teacher was disorganized and far less orderly than my son' s prior two schools, one being another Livonia public school and another being a Montessori. Their other programs like phys ed, art, music not as good as prior schools. Kids are somewhat bratty as if being gifted is an excuse for disrespectful behavior; shocked by some of their behavior compared to his prior school. Smart kids does not equal nice kids. Feel Livonia should evaluate if this is the best use of tax payer dollars. I'd like to have my son back in the regular system, (where he was unfortunately bored) and instead have teachers expected to separate kids by ability for core areas. This is done in many other school districts. I am not convinced segragating them like this is in their best interest or creates good human beings. I agree with another parent, the needs of boys versus girls is not understood. I also suspect the teaching style favors girls. The fact that vast majority of student council is girls is revealing.

Posted January 27, 2013
I love this school! This is my daughter's third and final year at Webster... she moves on to middle school next year...and I wish she could stay longer. Thanks to her teachers Mr. Hillard and Mrs. Macek, she is well prepared for her future. She has been challenged to grow since her very first day

Posted November 28, 2012
I am a former student from Webster, and I must say it was a fabulous school! The teachers and staff were great, the substance they taught us was well beyond expected but it's really helped me in the future! Webster had a great environment for learning and it really helped me. I went to Webster for 5 years and I really enjoyed it, take it from first-hand experience!

Posted July 25, 2012
My child is just one of the kids here. At her previous school, she was the smart kid that no one understood and who was bored in class. Webster Elementary is the perfect school for bright students, each child is treated as a unique individual with unique needs. The academics are rigorous and attention is paid to social and emotional health.

Webster Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2011
Webster was ranked highly when my child was there and my child was a top student. Appearances can definitely be deceiving - I am grateful I got my child out of there before too much psychological harm could be done - he is doing much better now - away from Livonia Public Schools (Webster in particular). I think the teachers are put under a lot of stress to get a certain standard from the children. The staff was not honest and my attempt to address issues was a joke to put it mildly - the behavior of the staff comes from the superintendent down (I know this directly). Not only was it difficult for me to be involved with my child at this school - I was told my time was up after 30 minutes at the parent teacher conference. I was told it was their dinner time even though it was prior to 4:00p. Seek alternatives!

Posted August 29, 2011
Congratulations to Webster School. The latest scores sent from the Michigan Department of Education rank Webster in the 99th percentile - the highest ranking possible!! I am a member of the hardworking PTA - parents are encouraged to be involved with staff and students to make our school a warm, inviting and child centered learning environment. Our administrator and staff are top notch and go above and beyond to help every child succeed. The curriculum is rigorous but is developmentally appropriate, and the kids do lots of cool projects. Our family is grateful to be a part of the Webster School Community.

Webster Elementary School 1

Posted November 28, 2010
My son has been at Webster since 1st grade (now in 3rd). His grades have been 3s and 4s (top grades) all along, but we have had nothing but conflict with the teachers. I most definitely think girls are favored. I don't think the teachers have enough training for gifted children (especially boys) and I think the program is just accelerated. The current principal needs to be replaced - I definitely think she is part of the problem behind the issues with the teachers (and her poor leadership may even be supported by the school as a whole). My son used to be fine with homework - now it makes him very unhappy (even though his grades are still top, his attitude has changed since he has been going there). Most definitely seek alternatives to this school. I was recently told I could not volunteer while my other son was with me - where previously there was not an issue with it and other parents tell me they have always brought siblings. Parent involvement is not encouraged (at least for me). My sons teacher this year was very rude to me at the parent/teacher conference when I tried to ask/discuss issues. I was encouraged to leave.

Webster Elementary School
32401 Pembroke Street, Livonia, MI  48152
Last modified Webster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Webster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top