K-8|Private

Bad
Good

After spending over 40K for my kid's 1-8 education and seeing him graduated with 90% in Algebra 2, it was hard for me to realize that he scored 27% in his Math placement test for high school. If you are a parent concerned with academics, go someplace else.

On Monday I graduated St. Michael's. As a student the past nine years were truly amazing. I honestly can't say anything bad about St. Mikes other than I wish there was a highschool. We often call ourselves a family, we really are a family. Teachers will help you at anytime, the students are there for each other and our great principal knows what's going on. One thing about out principal is that she know all of the students names. We have 3 grades per class, about 30 kids per class (give or take) and I like it because it gives us a chance to have so many friends. Like I said we are a family so come and join the family.

Our 3 children attended St. Michael's from K-8. Each of them have since gone on to excel at highly acclaimed high schools, colleges and graduate schools of their choice, having been exceedingly well prepared by the faculty and staff at St. Michael's. My wife and I have often remarked that St. Michael's is an integral part of the foundation upon which our childrens' academic, spiritual, social, and athletic formation and achievements have been built. We will be forever grateful to the St. Michael's family for fostering the same values and commitment to excellence that our children have been exposed to within our own home. Go Gaels!

Great school! I have three kids that attend St. Michael in Livonia. They are all thriving academically and love their school. The sense of community here is more then we could have hoped for. My kid are spread apart in age, but even when at an event, my 1st grader is always treated well and played with by kids from all grade levels. Our principle is amazing and knows every child by name. Highly recommend this school.

I am fortunate to be both teaching and have my four children attending St. Michael's School. I am a prior public school teacher and was very excited be a part of a truly dedicated staff and among supportive families. St. Michael's offers an academically challenging environment and a Michigan Standards-based curriculum. My oldest child has gone on to accelerated high school classes and felt he had a solid background behind him. My children also have enjoyed the wide variety of after-school opportunities and have established good relationships with their teachers. You need to come in and take a look for yourself.

This IS the Catholic Elementary School to attend in Western Wayne county, in-parish or out-of-parish.

While teaching at St. Michael's, I observed some well meaning educators. The school is very limited in resources. While the computer lab is okay, the classroom that I worked in was very small and ill equipped to serve the very large class sizes. I had about 36 students per class. I also encountered a culture that is very outdated. The administration didn't support contemporary educational philosophy. This may change when new leadership is instated. In addition to the dusty methods that I was asked to follow, I found many students to be much more negative toward work than students than at other facilities.

My children previously attended St.Michael and have since moved to the local public school. They actually were behind in a few areas. They did know that as a parent I expected the same work ethic as they had at St. Mikes. For us the trade off of a lot of homework that did not place them ahead of the game seemed pointless. In their public school they are much more independant and still pulling excellent grades. Getting family time back is invaluable. Do go in with an open mind all schools have thier pros and cons.

How many principals know all the children in their school by name? The level of involvement from the principal on down through her teaching and administrative staff is unbelievable. These dedicated professionals truly care about the success and well-being of your child. And they don't put up with antics or unacceptable behavior. They are on top of things! The academics are second to none and the extracurricular activities are inclusive and varied. Parental involvement in the school is impressive and helps promotes the sense of community. St. Mike's will prepare your child not only for academic success in elementary and beyond but also with a foundation upon which to become a caring, responsible, and contributing member of society.

St. Michael is a school of distinction. It offers an outstanding, well rounded educational opportunity. Parental involvement is outstanding, academics are solid, extracurricular activities are second to none. I would highly recommend St. Michael to any parent looking to send their child to a parochial school.

Last modified St Michael School is a Private school that serves grades K-8