PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I was bullied so badly because I transferred schools and I wasn't pretty or popular. I was usually left out; in church, group assignments, clubs, and homework assignments. When I was sick the teachers would tell me ask your peers for your homework assignment and they would respond with, "I don't know." During Mass at the "Our Father" prayer, all the kids held each other's hand besides mine because I was awkward and they said I smelled (obviously false) and felt hurt. I graduated in 08' and none of the students in my class invited me to their graduation parties. Beware if you are new, there are a lot of cliques. It was a horrible experience for me and the teachers never stood up for me when they saw me being left out and teased mercilessly.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

-500 my gosh, my mother went many trips to the principal's office and she said "There is nothing we can do, girl will be girls, they need to sort it out." When you do have an intervention they fake apologize and go back to their same old selves. I tried numerous times bringing goodies in and they the girls and boys didn't want to try them because they said I am gross.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

None of the students cares about new students coming in, the students only cared about themselves.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

So much cliques and bullying that I fell into such a major depression and severe anxiety.

We moved here last year from out of state. We cant say enough good things about the staff and parents. Everyone is always so willing to help. Our two boys love the school and have excelled tremendously.

I attended St. Genevieve for 7 years. It was an outstanding school. I cannot thank my teachers enough for the education they instilled in me. I was so prepared going into high school this year, and that's all thanks to the great teachers at Gen's. St. Genevieve is a small school, everyone is close. It becomes your second family. Leaving Gen's last year was very hard for me. Attending this school allowed me to excel in academics, and created friendships that will last a lifetime. The teachers are so great. You get to really know them. They're friendly and support you in every way. They care about their students so much, and I think it's wonderful. They don't behave like those teachers that only care about the money. They treat the students amazingly. St. Genevieve is a great school, and I recommend it to everyone who reads this.

This school is a hidden gem in Livonia. My two daughters attend and I cant be more pleased. The attention from the teachers and staff are second to none. The price you pay for their education is amazing. We came from out of state and the price we are paying now is ALLOT less. Please check out this school.

This school used to excel, but in the last few years with the current prinicpal things have gone downhill. The principal has no idea what goes on in the school and she is never seen by the students. Some students don't even recognize her when they do see her. There is very little discipline in the school and the few times there is everyone gets punished instead of just the offenders. As a parent, when I try to get a hold of the principal to resolve issues she either ignores my requests or lies to my face about what is going on. The education had gone down considerably, as the teachers get no support from the principal and do not have control of their classes because they are not allowed to discipline. My child, who is an honor roll student, was recently tested, and scored at or below average in most subjects. Way below where you would expect to see an honor roll student score. The school is definitely not worth the cost of tuition!

St Gens is a good school. I will say the school needs updating and they do not have a gym.

I would not recommend this school. The teachers do their best, but it is very difficult because they do not receive the support they need to do their jobs. I would rate the educational environment as very poor.

Last modified St. Genevieve Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8